Mickey Thompson Classic II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwheeles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a new wheel. I like the look of the Mickey Thompson Classic II. I have a Rusty's 2 1/2 inch lift on my '05 KJ and I am running Revo 245/75/16's on the stock 16 x 7 inch wheels with only slight rubbing at full turn. The MT Classic II's are a 16 x 8 with a little less back spacing. I talked to the people at Rusty's Off Road and was told that MT wheels and the 245/75/16 tire size would work well.

The wheel well is awful tight at places with the setup I've got. I'm concerned about the difference in wheel width and backspacing between the stock and MT's.

Anybody had any experience with this setup or similar? Any other suggestions on possible wheels?

Thanks in advance!

andrea70

Reaction score
The Mickey Thompson Classic II fit the JK but the wheel came outboard because they have a 0 offset.

The OEM wheels have 5.5 of backspace (offset 41.3 mm) and the MT have 4.5 of backspace but are 16x8 instead of 16x7.

If don't want to came outboard, look for the TJ Rubicon OE rims; they are 16x8 with 5 of backspace.

I have found a 16x8 Centerline wheel that have the same backspace:

http://www.centerlinewheels.com/wheels_detail.php?mw_id=1&sw_id=345
...but here in Italy they aven't a dealer...(dunno)