Loose Brush Guard...any solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshy0077

Reaction score
Minor problem,

I've had a brush guard on my jeep for a little while now, and for some reason it is really loose, so much so that I can move it foward and back about half an inch. When doing this and looking at the mounting position under the bumper, it looks as if the mount bracket (attached to the chasis) is moving as opposed to the bolts on the guard being loose. Are their some heavy duty bolts that may have come loose that connect this mount area to the frame? If so, is it possible to get to them without having to remove the bumper. I've tried tightening all the bolts that attach the brush guard to my libby and nothing seems to fix it.

Thanks for the help!

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think some have installed tow hooks without removing the bumper, so if your brushguard mounts to those same locations I would think you could tighten it up. Might be hard to get to though, some have said the needed a lift to get to things easily. The tow hooks are 3 bolts per side, I think the guard should be the same.

Latest posts

Members online