Looking for an EVIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of doing the upgrade on my 03' KJ.

Looking at the EVIC page on here i want to get a Basic or Homelink model from 02' or 03' with NO sunroof switch, i also don't want a TPMS model.

Potential model numbers..

02' 56042754AE 56042749AE
03' 56042754AH 56042749AH

I scoured through eBay and most of them on there right now are 04' or later, i think that would cause a potential temp sensor problem since they changed the PCM starting in 04' for that feature. Or if they are older ones they are tan from a Cherokee or they have a sunroof switch.

Let me know what you have, and if you have a pigtail of the wiring to the display module that would be helpful also, but not required if you can't get one to go with it.

Thanks!

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may have a 2003 unit available for you. Someone has dibs on it, but I can let you know tomorrow evening.

It's a little unique - it's a 2003 EVIC w/homelink but it's in a 2006 housing with sunroof control. No TPMS

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find one without the sunroof switch unfortunately, which seems to be harder for some reason!

Thanks for replying though!

chuckd76

Reaction score
I've got an evic from a 2006 Grand Cherokee. No sunroof switch but it does have the TPMS. Has HomeLink, compass, miles-to-empty, etc. Don't know if you can use it or if it would even fit/work but if you think it will, it's yours no charge.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought one earlier today!

Budke, you need an 03' or earlier EVIC or the temp won't work, just an FYI! The 04' model year is the dividing line, if you have an 04 or newer you need an EVIC from a similar year, if you have an 02 or 03 then you need an 03 or earlier EVIC.

Thanks Guys!

jeffshort2000

Reaction score
ChuckD76,
I will take that EVIC if you still have it and am in cleveland so I can come and pick it up or meet you.

Thanks,
Jeff