Living with it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having owned three Cherokees and a Wagoneer, I'm no stranger to Jeeps. Frankly, my "hand me down" '03 Limited does not quite live up to the legend in my eyes. But I've decided to make the best of it by turning into something that makes me giggle. So I'm here to learn the quirks of this little buggy.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock its not the best jeep ever but shes a lady. Get her some new shoes(tires) lube her up(change oils) and have some fun with her she can take it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After 3 built XJs ( and several other 4WDs ) I'll take the KJ the way I have mine over any XJ. SO much better overall as far as ride / handling/ gas mileage/ power etc

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

If it doesn't live up to the legend as-is, build it up.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Lift, hooks, skids and better tires and you will be surprised.

Dave

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 3 built XJs ( and several other 4WDs ) I'll take the KJ the way I have mine over any XJ. SO much better overall as far as ride / handling/ gas mileage/ power etc
I never cared for the XJ. My Cherokees were the original FSJ variety.

Welcome.

If it doesn't live up to the legend as-is, build it up.
That's the plan.

Stock its not the best jeep ever but shes a lady. Get her some new shoes(tires) lube her up(change oils) and have some fun with her she can take it.
Welcome.

Lift, hooks, skids and better tires and you will be surprised.

Dave

I've heard it's a competent wheeler. But that isn't really what I'm after. Which is why I just sold my last Cherokee, a '76. This Limited is 2WD, so it's limited (hah! see what I did there?) in offroad capability. So I'm leaning more towards making it a utility vehicle. A roof rack, trailer hitch, etc. Stuff to make it more capable of hauling things. But I still want to have fun with it since it's my daily driver. So more power and better suspension are in the cards. Better seats, better stereo, all the stuff you want in a driver.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...So more power and better suspension are in the cards. Better seats, better stereo, all the stuff you want in a driver.

Metra now makes a dash adapter if you're interested in going the Double-DIN route. I just finished installing mine today. :)

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Metra now makes a dash adapter if you're interested in going the Double-DIN route. I just finished installing mine today. :)

I would definitely be interested. That opens up a lot of options for upgrades. What did it cost? Any pictures of the installation?

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found a double din at my local tire shop for 11 bucks... no hacking invloved either i was impressed.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally figured out what it is about the Liberty that bothers me... it looks like Jeep's version of the Neon.

That double-DIN panel looks nice. Can't beat the price. I may order one this weekend. No idea when I'll get a radio for it, but at least I'll have the panel.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally figured out what it is about the Liberty that bothers me... it looks like Jeep's version of the Neon.

That double-DIN panel looks nice. Can't beat the price. I may order one this weekend. No idea when I'll get a radio for it, but at least I'll have the panel.

in fact it is jeeps version of the mercedes suv .... daimler... chrysler... leaste thats what the JKU guys call it .

edit ... the compass is jeeps version of the neon .

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double din looks great i did a semi premium sound system i say semi premium because i didnt buy all the high end brands like jl

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in fact it is jeeps version of the mercedes suv .... daimler... chrysler... leaste thats what the JKU guys call it .

edit ... the compass is jeeps version of the neon .
I know it is based off some Euro buggy. I said it *looks* like Jeep's version of a Neon. It has the same bulbous, smiley-face frontend.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
No. This is a "smiley-face frontend":

You must be registered for see images attach

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. This is a "smiley-face frontend":

You must be registered for see images attach

throw some googly eyes on there.

edit ... my wife even hates those eyelashes ... and she wants me to do the jeep in pink camo.

Members online