Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need advice from my American friends. on the 05 Libby, there are amber cruise lights in front of the front wheels, these as blank amber reflectors inoperative on UK versions. I can and am seeking the American ones and will wire them into the lighting circuit, but,,,, the rear
Is the rear light units without any red showing to the side? or is there a rear marker in the light fitting too, on the grand it was a simple plate that blocked off light escaping to the side of the fitting to give red illumination (if you see what I mean????)
Anyone help me here?
Final on lights how did you convert the fog lights to running lights and do they still operate as fogs?
so many questions ](*,)
Thanks in advance

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umm, how do u all have turn signals if urs are blank? Are u saying the amber lights are blank on the sides only? And i do not think the back ones have lights on the side, ive never really paid attention. Maybe someone else can help u there. Ive never heard of anyone making the fog lights daytime running, only the actual headlights.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
so the one's on the fenders itself are juat blank? (not the one's much lower im guessin)
so...y'all only got the side markers then as ur forward blinkers eh...?

not too sure i understand what you mean w/ the rears....
and for the fogs being dtrl.....

N3gik converted or made his fogs as daytime running...not too sure if it still operates as a fog lamp tho....he has a thread here somwhere....

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Side markers are included within the main headlamp unit the large amber front facing light units act only as turn signal units the tiny ones right in front of the front wheel to the side as a reflector and are not lit at all.
I intend to get the American ones and illuminate them.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Side marks.. anyone have information on adding OEM side mark

I'd liek to add them to teh fenders as they have in EUROPE.. does this make sense? I saw them in a post , a KJ pictured

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try to explain what is fitted to UK Jeeps. the "side marker" that is within the amber turn signal of US Jeeps is not fitted to UK Jeeps, the small amber reflector / running light just in front of the front wheel low down on the fender is also non-illuminated. All we get are turn signal lights at the front the running light or sidelight is incorporated into the headlamp itself so it has High low and a small 5w side light.
I have bought a pair of KJ 05 model running lights to fit on the sides and will seek out lamp holders and bulbs and wire these into the running light circuit.
At the rear the American light fittings have a small open section allowing a small portion of red to be seen from the side of the vehicle. This too is not on UK spec vehicles so either I fit replacement US lights or modify my set. Its a small detail but as I am awaiting a Trail Rated badge too its all about making this Jeep stand out.

Latest posts

Members online