Lift kit question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinking about going with the Rock Krawler 3.0 inch lift or with the Rocky Road 2.5 lift. My KJ is a 2006 2wd. I want to put 265/75/16's on it with stock wheels. I hardly go offroading with my KJ. I don't mind it rubbing when I turn the front wheels to lock. But what can I do to make these tires fit. And I keep reading about a pinch weld and banging it down. What is the pinch weld? Where is it at and what does it look like?

Last edited:

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a 2 WD I'd do something simple like the Rancho lift or a Daystar lift. Look in the front wheelwell of your rig in the back, see anything sticking out there that fits the discription? Also wheels that size and width may give you fits with the front of the rear flares also.
You do know your going to lose a bunch of mpg and power right?

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see how you will use the lift, you have a 2wd jeep. Anywhere you can go with the lift will be hindered by only having 2 wheels pushing you there.

mattjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The main reason i want to lift it is for looks and there are times that I do go offroad and lift kit and tires would be handy. So CRD4Liberty with the lifts you mentioned you think that I could go with 265/75's?