Liberty Fire Department Vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somewhere here or at L.O.S.T someone posted a photo of two or three Liberty's painted red, with light bars and insignias at a local fire house. I can't find them through the search feature at either site. Can someone else smarter than me?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt search at all. I had always thought that picture was cool and remembered the title of it under KJ pictures.

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SavageSS27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool, glad the KJ is finally being recognized as an extremely useful vehicle. My only gripe is, why keep the crappy GY tires, surely they won't be getting very far into anywhere to rescue anyone with those street tires on...

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again and thangs to you too Mick. My daughters significant other is an assistant fire chief and he really likes my KJ. He doesn't like his Explorer because the front end falls out of it. Suppose I should tell him about KJ ball joints? (whistle)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool looking. Is the area that this is in pretty hilly, etc? I wouldn't see this type of vehicle for my local fire dept. Maybe for the city dept., but not the fire rescue, etc...

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Very cool looking. Is the area that this is in pretty hilly, etc? I wouldn't see this type of vehicle for my local fire dept. Maybe for the city dept., but not the fire rescue, etc...
Some people call them hills, others call them mountains. Here is a shot of downtown Asheville. The elevation here in town is about 2200 ft but about 30 miles northeast of here is Mount Mitchell at 6684 ft. Now Mitchell isn't technically in the asheville area or even the same county, but I was just giving you an idea about the mountains.
You must be registered for see images

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Nope. Especially Detroit. We're too busy driving Suburbans for our Fire Department. Don't forget about the mayor's wife's fully loaded Lincoln Navigator.

... and we wonder why the city has so much of a deficit?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Nope. Especially Detroit. We're too busy driving Suburbans for our Fire Department. Don't forget about the mayor's wife's fully loaded Lincoln Navigator.

Hey, they could give the departments a whole bunch of Hummers/Escalades. Can you imagine that haha.

2-Alarm fire and a couple Escalades with spinners come rolling up with lights flashing. <--- Stuuuppiddd!! I don't even know why I wrote this. I just didn't feel like deleting after I took those precious seconds away from my life.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Asheville is a beautiful city to visit...I wish I could get down there more often. The Biltmore Estate is definately something to see!

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
MoladoGuy said:

Actully, their not as expensive as you may think. I've heard counties can get contracts which get their vehicles very very cheap. Just like government gasoline. So, basically, their not running around in Denalis is what Im saying.

MikeD0106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anybody sees a first responder KJ at night ask him/her to light it up and get a pic. I'd love to see one with all of the bell's and whistles going.