liberty body lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IVIike13

Reaction score
i have just put a sky jacker 2.5 inch suspension lift on my jeep and i kind of want more height do you know of any body lift kits for the jeep liberty i have a 06

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must not of put the lift on yourself, or you would have noticed the unibody construction like the Cherokees, can't body lift without a frame/body construction like the trucks and the Wrangler.

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The closest thing you can do to a body lift would be a cradle drop for the front. It can cause its own problems but there are a few..very few that have done it. If you want some more info let me know... I will go dig it up.

IVIike13

Reaction score
yea i had my dad install my lift while i was in school. im happy with it but i was just wondering in the future if i can get it higher with out getting a whole new kit and some thing about any lift larger then a 2.5 ruins the ball joints? im thinking about getting the wrangler moab rims with the goodyear mtr's whut ever size comes on those do you think that wil help alot with a more agressive look?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IVIike13 said:
yea i had my dad install my lift while i was in school. im happy with it but i was just wondering in the future if i can get it higher with out getting a whole new kit and some thing about any lift larger then a 2.5 ruins the ball joints? im thinking about getting the wrangler moab rims with the goodyear mtr's whut ever size comes on those do you think that wil help alot with a more agressive look?

Should look alot better with the MTR's. You may need to do some fender wells trimming though. O:)

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Higher lifts may or may not ruin your ball joints as not all Libs are the same, for instance the CRDs look like they have a cradle drop like Jeger discribed to shoehorn the diesel in height wise. Looking at the fornt diff and how it's situated compared to a gasser and you see it right off. Big Al seems to think the mid '03 and newer Libs have different cv angles compared to the lder ones that can't completely be explained by springs, so we should be able to get a little more lift from them maybe. The Rock Krawler 3 1/2 inch lift that he sells appears to not cause cv problems and fixes some of the rear end problems while it's at it. www.jeepinbyal.com I believe is his website and he has up dated info as he works on his 5+ inch lift. Superlift has been reported to finally have a 4 inch lift out in maybe April, but they've been promising for years, while we watched them build kits for everything but us. It will requirer some major mods to the frame and suspension parts if it's anything like the 4 inch GC lift.