Liberty air-bag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like your dealer has anything but their own interests in mind. Unwilling to take responsibility and out to profit on their error.

psrountree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was not the dealer that caused the problem, they are just trying to fix it.

Peter

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

psrountree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"My complaint" has now been forwarded from FCA EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Asia Pacific. I have started an international incident.

There was a recall several years ago about unexpected deployment of air bags in Iiberties 02 to 04. The ORC Module was not currently available then either. Were any of you affected by this recall ?

Peter

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"My complaint" has now been forwarded from FCA EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Asia Pacific. I have started an international incident.

There was a recall several years ago about unexpected deployment of air bags in Iiberties 02 to 04. The ORC Module was not currently available then either. Were any of you affected by this recall ?

Peter

I currently have an open recall to replace the airbag control module on my 03 ... the letter I received this past summer said parts were available and would be ordered by my local dealership. I haven't taken it in yet to be completed, so I couldn't say if they are suddenly now not available.. but something tells me US law regarding vehicle safety recalls would require Fiat-Chrysler to ensure that replacement parts were indeed available.

psrountree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi JasonJ. Fiat Chrysler Asia Pacific is in Melbourne Australia. They have confirmed that the module is discontinued but there maybe two in a warehouse somewhere in Europe. Time zones mean we lose a day fairly easily. It is 7.50 am here, we willsee what the day brings.

Peter

psrountree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing happened. But they asked me to reply to a customer survey, so I was not very complimentary. I wonder if anyone reads the comments or if it just goes to "statistical analysis". All shut for Christmas now, will stir them up again on the 27th.

Merry Christmas everyone,
Peter

psrountree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air bag replacement ( continued)
No further comment from Fiat Chrysler Customer Services in Melbourne, have emailed today, asking for an update.

Have also talked again to the dealer and convinced them to try to source a controller elsewhere, maybe a Jeep dismantler. They do not know if a second-hand controller can be used again successfully.

Does anyone have experience here ?

We have been carless (Jeepless) for 5 weeks now I need to try to move things along.

Thanks for your help.
Peter

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 and I literally just had my controller replaced at the dealer due to the recall. Maybe North America specs are different? The part number they used for the recall is
CBSZR063AA
Of course I don't know if that's the one you need but every little bit of help counts. Good luck.

Last edited:

psrountree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Rich, thanks for that. I think my KJ has 8 airbags, but I have no idea how many controllers are involved. The part number I need is 04606954AA, ORC Module.

Thanks, Peter

psrountree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Rich ! This the most promising thing I have seen in 5 weeks. Only trouble is I Cannot open the site on my tablet. Will try other devises and get there eventually. I am ecstatic !!!!
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou !!!!!
Peter

psrountree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Rich. Opened it now, looks great. 6 pm here so will pass it on to the dealer in the morning. Fantastic !!!!

Peter

psrountree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Progress !!! Well, sort of. The dealer cannot buy outside their Austalian franchise, so I got the details, found another one at mopartsoverstock.com, cheaper freight. I also convinced the dealer to try for a second-hand one in Austrailia, success !!! Just hope it can be reconfigured.

The airbag has to be "new", and has to come from USA, 4 to 6 weeks, cannot be air-freight because it contains a pressure cylinder. Hope it all comes together.

Thanks for your support, it has been a steep learning curve for me.

Sincerely
Peter

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Progress !!! Well, sort of. The dealer cannot buy outside their Austalian franchise, so I got the details, found another one at mopartsoverstock.com, cheaper freight. I also convinced the dealer to try for a second-hand one in Austrailia, success !!! Just hope it can be reconfigured.

The airbag has to be "new", and has to come from USA, 4 to 6 weeks, cannot be air-freight because it contains a pressure cylinder. Hope it all comes together.

Thanks for your support, it has been a steep learning curve for me.

Sincerely
Peter

Sounds promising, good luck!

Latest posts

Members online