Let me say hi folks, I'm Paddlerdan.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paddlerdan

Reaction score
I'm the owner of a 02 KJ. 217000 miles, 3.7, stock lift, but just put some Ironman A-Ts 275-75/16. Always had a Jeep of some kind. First one was a 53 Willys Jeepster, 401 Buick, Muncie 4 speed, etc. Then a CJ- 5, small block chevy and turbo 400, bla bla bla. You get the idea. Reason I joined the forum is this is the first Jeep I have that doesn't have a solid front axle, and I don't know the limitations of the KJ off roading. So far I have used it as a DD here in the great north woods of Maine.
But I want to play in the dirt and snow with it too. So I'm not going to be shy about asking for advice on mods.
Already have the metal for a decent front bumper. Yeah, it's got a few miles on it, but this is not going to be mistaken for a girls Jeep while I have it. Thanks for reading all this if you got this far. And you're sure to be seeing me on the forum. Happy Trails, Paddlerdan.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome

Quick question though 275-75-16s ??? Would never be able to move on stock suspension
KJs will do good when set up right with full skids, good tires , tow points etc
Who says it is a girls Jeep ?
Stock lift ? or stock height ?

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome.
Kj's do well off road once OME lifted.
I think ther'll be lots of bats out Saturday..
Have a..
You must be registered for see images attach

Paddlerdan

Reaction score
Welcome

Quick question though 275-75-16s ??? Would never be able to move on stock suspension

Paddlerdan

Reaction score
Welcome

Paddlerdan

Reaction score
My mistake on the tires. They're 245-75/16. Pounded the pinch weld flat and doing good. I get razzed by the wrangler guys about my Jeep is a girls Jeep. That's where that came from. Thanks for the interest guys

Paddlerdan

Reaction score
My mistake on the tires. They're 245-75/16. Pounded the pinch weld flat and doing good. I get razzed by the wrangler guys about my Jeep is a girls Jeep. That's where that came from. Thanks for the interest guys
Stock lift and stock height. PS the tires are 8 ply, lots of gravel road here in northern Maine. Rock cuts are a pain.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Cant have much room to flex with that size and no lift,
245-70-16s were too tight for me when I bought the 04 brand new and switched out the junk tires they give you

Paddlerdan

Reaction score
245-70-16s were too tight for me when I bought the 04 brand new and switched out the junk tires they give you
Are the spacer lifts any good. You know what I mean, the ones that are sold on eBay. I'm sure I could use some more flex to keep contact with the ground. Especially since I don't have any lockers.

Paddlerdan

Reaction score
Are the spacer lifts any good? You know what I mean, the ones sold on eBay. Daystar I think. I'm looking for more flex, to keep contact with the ground, especially when I don't have any lockers. I have new stock Moog springs in front. Stock OEM springs in the back. But they aren't sagging, yet. Maybe I should move this thread somewhere else, but where? Tires, suspension? PS, thanks for the input tommudd, and all

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't even think about spacer lifts
they are widely known to cause excessive wear on front end parts, will make stock springs sag faster etc
I have removed plenty of them but refuse to install any brand of spacer lift
I ended up with an ARB bumper less than a year old for 200 bucks just due to owner using spacer lift, replacing not only blown shocks, but worn out UCA etc
He had spend 1000s trying to get it to work , if only he had used the correct OME springs and shocks
I then ran that bumper on my 04 for almost 15 years with no issues ( of course with a good lift , OME at first then JBA adjustable coilover lift )
then got way stupid and sold it :) the ARB, not the KJ

Last edited:

Paddlerdan

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the lifts. You saved me from a big waste of time and money. Info like this is one reason I joined the forum. Happy Trails