Length of Ownership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got to thinking (rather than doing my real work \:D/ ) about this last 13 months of ownership and figured out some interesting data....

I've owned the KJ since Jan 8th, 2004 or 407 days (as of 2/18/05). At my current milage (40,4xx) thats an average of 99.3 miles per day of ownership. 6 oil changes (6k interval). 2,245 gallons of fuel (at 18mpg) @ an approx average cost of 1.95 is ~$4,378 of fuel. To date I've paid ~$5,850 on my load to buy the KJ or ~$.14 per mile. All said thats about $.26 per mile cost (gas+loan+oil changes($70 each for full synth and tire rotation)+spark plugs($14))

And my only problem to date was the in dash CD broke 2 days after purchase (wouldnt eject the disc) and it got replaced the following day.

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had my KJ since 04/13/02. I'm almost ashamed to say that it has so little mileage that my 11 year old son will likely be driving it when he's my age.

EDIT: Never been to the shop except for BJ recall.

Gsan

Reaction score
Granted, I've only had my KJ for 3 weeks now, and I've got 750 miles on it, but no problems since day two either. The factory battery tested bad. Should have known better when they had to JUMP the damned thing the night they sold it to us. ](*,)

uvalax236

Reaction score
Had mine since 3/26/03 and have currently 27,*** miles. Got it used with about 9,000 miles on it. Only problem was a BJ recall and the rear glass would not close.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Purchased July 19th, 2003 with 51 miles on it (was driven in from the next town).

To date, 20,212 miles (average right around 12K a year).

Only problems, were the rear hatch, and the sporadic stalling. Both have been fixed.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! 40k miles! Impressive...

I just rolled over 5k, after 9 months. Still a baby...

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought 6/5/2001, had the BJ recall fixed and a heinous rattle in the rear hatch. Now, just over 50,000 miles \:D/

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Bought it new on August 1, 2001. Only have 35,000 miles on it to date. That much?

Only problems, was a strange rattle in the front end - took them two visits till that got fixed. Something to do with the front skid plate I guess.

No ****** or engine problems or really anything too important.

Had the multifunction switch replaced twice. had to deal with lights flickering on the dash panel, still does it to date, but its not as bad as it used to be.

All 4 Wheels replaced once, because of pitting.

Factory shocks got replaced twice in the front and the rear - I was kinda ******* them I admit.

Had a bunch of service recalls that I found on a TSB website.

Ball Joint recall was done and a air bag recall.

Couple of the badges, started pealing so those got replaced.

Left headlight was replaced, from a light bulb explosion incident.

Oh yeah and I had the steering wheel radio control replaced once, cause I wore it out.

And on average I spend about 140 dollars on fuel a month on a average of 4 fillups.

Bennett

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought mine 12/04. Mileage right now is about 1100 :)

Only problem was the rear latch needed to be adjusted because the glass did not pop open when it unlatched. Easy 20 minute fix at the dealership.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot about the airbag recall, had that too, thanks for reminding me Bennett =D>

I am spending around 140 bux a month on gas as well.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i'm sooo glad for subways..i dont spend as much gas as u guys do, but I think it just even's out with insurance costs...

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the attitude around these parts is public transportation? What is that? [-X

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yoda13 said:

The nice thing about a car is you don't have to share it with a stranger. Some of the people you see on public transportation...

silly.gif

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
yoda13 said:

The nice thing about a car is you don't have to share it with a stranger. Some of the people you see on public transportation...

silly.gif

(rotflmao)