LED interior lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
considering how much you have helped me... what did your strips look like... got the ebay listing?

max pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max,

Are you saying that if just one bulb in the mix is a regular bulb then none of the LED bulbs will glow when the Jeep is on?

Yes, that is correct.

Although i had only the front ones glowing, don't know if installing one of the rears will help. But the floor ones for sure.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
considering how much you have helped me... what did your strips look like... got the ebay listing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260502294730
It was this listing, there are a bunch of them that look similar and i'm sure they are actually all the same. Also these are coming straight from Hong Kong so be prepared for about 2 weeks shipping.
Oh and when they ship them they are kinda rolled up and i went to unroll them and cracked one (it could be cause they sat outside in like 30 degree weather in my mailbox for hours, but it still works fine) but be sure if they seem kinda stiff use a hair dryer and after 20 seconds they become flexible.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay... got my leds installed tonight... omg they are bright!!!
problem is that 2 of the 8 on one are not working. I e-mailed the e-bay dude and we will see his response.
You must be registered for see images attach

My question is, Has anyone replaced the 906... Step/Courtesy light with leds? I want to know a good brand to purchase from e-bay...

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay... got my leds installed tonight... omg they are bright!!!
problem is that 2 of the 8 on one are not working. I e-mailed the e-bay dude and we will see his response.

My question is, Has anyone replaced the 906... Step/Courtesy light with leds? I want to know a good brand to purchase from e-bay...

Glad to hear you got them already and are happy with there brightness but hopefully they will resend you a new set! :)

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the 906... Step/Courtesy light with leds? I want to know a good brand to purchase from e-bay because I don't know if they will put off enough light...... or should I just purchase 1 set of 15 strip leds?

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some of these...
You must be registered for see images
30 cm long

L

lil black liberty

Just out of curiosity on the glow problem did anyone try adding an resistor to the circuit to see if that fixed the issue? I know when I did this in the Neon mine did the same thing and I added a resistor in line and it fixed the problem but I don't know if this is the same issue or not.

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when mine get here, I will tell you if they glow... I only have the two front in. (maps)

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity on the glow problem did anyone try adding an resistor to the circuit to see if that fixed the issue? I know when I did this in the Neon mine did the same thing and I added a resistor in line and it fixed the problem but I don't know if this is the same issue or not.

I actually really like my glow, when people get my car they are really confused and i just say i made them that way for a nice effect at night ;)

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine do the same at night!
Just enough light to see the floor by but not annoying to the driver!

Yupp!
Anyone know what type of bulb goes in the sunvisor mirror light?
I noticed yesterday those bulbs were not done, so i may need to get those too!!
I also added the LED license plate bulb, a bit brighter but again i love the the true white light :D

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
ripticket, keep us posted! :)

Wnahikian

Reaction score
well what would you consider a good price? I probably will go check it out at autozone before buying on ebay.-Thank you

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
purchase on ebay from enkmall... not me... but they are from hong kong and damn they were cheap... purchased for .01 and shipped for $5