Leather Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this so I hope it is not a repost.

I have been using "Meguires One Step Leather Care" in a maroon bottle on the seats. It is a thick creamy liquid and seems to do a good job. Then I noticed yesterday that Meguiars also makes a leather cleaner/conditioner in a black bottle. What is the difference? What does everyone elce use?

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had been using armor all.. I stopped because of cracking in the front driver seat. All other seats are in great condition, though. Although I should have used something better.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try Lexol.

I think I saw saw that at Advance the other day. They had 2 different spray bottles.....a cleaner, and a conditioner. Does that do a better job??

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner/Conditioner. They are two totally different products. Believe it or not, I also have the leather conditioner that you are talking about and I dont like it. I couldnt tell that it was doing anything.

The Gold Class cleaner/conditioner that I use leaves a high gloss shine. Sometime I will put it on the night before or sometime when I know that Im not going to drive it for a few days. Then when I do drive it, I will wipe off the seats to take the shine away. I also do that to my steering wheel.

Meguiars also makes a two step cleaner and conditioner, but its around $10 per bottle and I just cant do that.

Ive had my Jeep since Jan 2004 and my seats look like new. Ive had wet okole seat covers for 1.5years so my front seats do not see as much wear. I was starting to notice very small cracks on the outside of my drivers seat, which is why I got the seat covers. I did slide out of my jeep but now I pull myself out with the handle. I believe thats why I was getting the cracks but I still believe the leather is alittle thin on the libertys. I wish they would of just used the fake leather crap on the sides of the front seats so it wouldnt wear as bad..

Ive heard good things about Lexol, but as everyone knows Im a meguiars man..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeepster.....thanks for the reply. I don't want shiney seats so I won't use that Meguires in the black bottle then. I'm running low on the stuff I've been using so I might look into the Lexol. Still not sure yet.

Dave.