Leakage up Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nahh, mine hardly gets off the blacktop:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped the Skid today. Man was it all gunked up under there!! I don't think I have a seal problem in the diff because the fluid is dripping down. I now think it has something to do with the Coolant. The fluid color is brighter red which directly relates to whats in the coolant bottle. I used brake cleaner and wiped everything down. Got all the greasy mess off the diff, diff collar, and even oil filter. I started her up and saw that the coolant bottle was basically empty!! I stopped and checked underneath. There was leakeage and it was the color of the coolant. Time to fill her up and figure out if A.) it's a pressure problem based on the low coolant, or B.) a coolant leak somewhere in the system.

SKID GUNK

GUNK ALL OVER DIFF AREA

SOME LEAKEAGE, THERE IS THE CULPRIT!! BUT ITS LEAKING DOWN FROM SOMETHING ABOVE

ANOTHER SHOT OF LEAKAGE SPRAY.

COOLANT IS LOW

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the sides of your radiator phil. The rad has plastic on each side and is known to crack and leak. Other than that, check the housing for the tstat and all of your hoses. There is only a few things it could be. Freeze plugs maybe...

2003KJ

Reaction score
The way it's splattered on the oil filter, making me think it's a leaking water pump....

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna put some pressure through the coolant bottle and see where it might leak out of the system. Crack in fan or in hoses, etc.... I'll have to take a look at water pump.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Fill it up with the engine cold. Then crank it up and crawl under there while it's running cold and look for leaks. If you dont see any, take it around the block and get it up to operating temp, then come back and look under it again (with the engine still running).

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its somewhere in the line, god I don't know cause that is exactly what I did on Monday morning after I dropped the engine skid. I saw where it was dripping from while looking at the under carriage but then determined it was drain off from where the leak was originating. The leak "has" to be somewhere up front where the line off the coolant bottle comes into the compressor (is that where it goes into?). Maybe there is a leak in the compressor around the bolts or something? I'm gonna do more investigative work once my Jeep is returned to me :( YES IT'S IN THE SHOP GETTING ITS DENTS OUT.

Dude 1

Reaction score
hi all . just had the same problem with my libby. only it was the block heater seal on the motor. as for the evaporator tube i just ran a piece of steel brake line with a small hose into the evaporator line. It hangs nice !:p with a tie to hold it down so it does not blow around

Dude 1

Reaction score
hi all . just had the same problem with my libby. only it was the block heater seal on the motor. as for the evaporator tube i just ran a piece of steel brake line with a small hose into the evaporator line. It hangs nice !:p with a tie to hold it down so it does not blow around

Anger is one letter away from danger

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The coolant system doesnt connect to the compressor in any way. The compressor has freon in it so thats the A/C system.

Im not to sure what Dude1 is talking about with the evap and a steel brake line.

Latest posts

Members online