LBJ Recalls are in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alpnst said:
Mine is at the dealer getting LBJ's as we speak. I went in this morning because my faulty glow plug was getting replaced and I asked the dealer when are they going to start doing the recall. My service guy siad it was on my list of things to do today. Yeah!!
Any chance of getting some pics or part number info for the ones they put in? I've already seen a post over on L.O.S.T. with a part number from a guy in South Africa, would like to see if they are putting the same unit in over here.

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
alpnst said:
Mine is at the dealer getting LBJ's as we speak. I went in this morning because my faulty glow plug was getting replaced and I asked the dealer when are they going to start doing the recall. My service guy siad it was on my list of things to do today. Yeah!!
Any chance of getting some pics or part number info for the ones they put in? I've already seen a post over on L.O.S.T. with a part number from a guy in South Africa, would like to see if they are putting the same unit in over here.
i saw that on lost about the part # from the ball joint in south africa. i doubt that is the updated part? my dealer can't get any of the updated part yet! but a dealer in south africa can get it? i smell a rat. :-k

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k99jk99j said:
i saw that on lost about the part # from the ball joint in south africa. i doubt that is the updated part? my dealer can't get any of the updated part yet! but a dealer in south africa can get it? i smell a rat. :-k
Thats what I'm thinking, but I'll wait to pass judgement until I see what is being installed at US dealers.

AnthologyCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the allignment?

Fellas,

What's up with the steering allignment ............. shouldn't that be a part of the instructions?

alpnst

Reaction score
The Part # and soon pics

As in someone else's thread the part number for the Recall is CBXEF230. that seems to be the number for the kit that the dealer is getting. On my service invoice there is another number also. It says Balljoint 17011019. I have pics I just need to downlaod them off my camera and I will post them ASAP.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: What about the allignment?

AnthologyCT said:
Fellas,

What's up with the steering allignment ............. shouldn't that be a part of the instructions?

I'm going to say 'No'. Yes they are working on the front end, but none of the parts that control alignment should be affected.

sprsonic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry guys, there will be no free alignments. liberty lower ball joints are centered. and do not effect the alignment.

fujitsubo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RIPGTP1997 said:
Well I just checked mine and it came up INCOMPLETE under the status so I'm getting new ball joints plus the free alignment....this calls for some new tires I was holding off on but since of the free alignment, might as well get them on now before it goes in for the recall...Time for some Grabbers or Revos.

why does the site come up as incomplete as opposed to unperformed. Incomplete sounds as if the Jeep recall can't determine if our vehicle needs the LBJ. What do you guys think?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot download the PDF, I also haven't received my letter yet.

I am planning to ask them to check the brakes while they are down there, replace sway bar bushings and replace my steering wheel, and take a look at the peeling Jeep badge.. I am under 3/36, so I hope to walk out without a dime outta my pocket (unless I get oilchange done)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
fujitsubo said:
RIPGTP1997 said:
Well I just checked mine and it came up INCOMPLETE under the status so I'm getting new ball joints plus the free alignment....this calls for some new tires I was holding off on but since of the free alignment, might as well get them on now before it goes in for the recall...Time for some Grabbers or Revos.

why does the site come up as incomplete as opposed to unperformed. Incomplete sounds as if the Jeep recall can't determine if our vehicle needs the LBJ. What do you guys think?
Dictionary
incomplete |ˌinkəmˈplēt; ˌi ng-| adjective not having all the necessary or appropriate parts : the records are patchy and incomplete. • not full or finished : the analysis remains incomplete

Unperformed isn't a word. Incomplete sounds OK to me.

2003KJ

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
I bet this is costing DCC some money... #-o

hell yeah it is...but its their own damn fault for putting a shotty product on there....anybody know what ONE of these ball joints costs?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least DCC isn't as bad as Toyota right now. Isn't Toyota number one in recalls right now? Even Honda is having it's share I heard. Shocking as that sounds! [-X

jeffer

Reaction score
done and done

I had my CRD in yesterday to get a new battery (so called sealed, gel-filled Optima popped a cap and leaked acid.) I had them do the F21 recall (Body Control Module reprogramming). They looked up the LBJ, mine qualified, checked the play, replaced both (no free alignment) all by noon and I didn't even have to ask.

This is 2 for 2 on Mopar products for me. My '03 Dakota also had crap ball joints. That recall took over 3 1/2 months to get done though. I guess DC is getting better organized on ball joint recalls by now.

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sprsonic said:
sorry guys, there will be no free alignments. liberty lower ball joints are centered. and do not effect the alignment.

](*,)

My stealership said they would do one as part of the recall (Aeh) (Aeh) but then they weren't even aware of the recall

2003KJ

Reaction score
Just wanted to point out that the PDF file is back up on their site and you're able to view the letter that they are sending out to you in the mail.