latch,tailgate.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick25crd

Reaction score
it is a couple of months now i have problems with my battery power.(i have replaced it 2 years before).after my electrician checked it out told me(i saw it with me eyes) that the problem is the tailgate latch.(sorry but is that part the electromagnetic lock as we call it in Greece?).for a few days i will have this latch
disconnected but i have to find a solution ,maybe a new part or anything else, because now the tailgate is always closed.
please someone help me. (2.5 crd '02).

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
Nick,

I think that is a safety part, just in case some of us, put someone behind the back seat. If it's unhooked can you still open with the outside handle?.
If not then a new locking switch is the only way to go, unless you can rewire it.
My 2cnts worth.:shrug:
Best of luck

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nick,

I think that is a safety part, just in case some of us, put someone behind the back seat. If it's unhooked can you still open with the outside handle?.
If not then a new locking switch is the only way to go, unless you can rewire it.
My 2cnts worth.:shrug:
Best of luck

No, the circuit diagrams give a good description of how the mechanism works as well as the circuitry and the solenoid (actually a small motor) is very much a part of the overall operation. If the wires going to the solenoid are disconnected in the mean time...you may still be able to at least open the glass window only by means of the Fob on the key remote.

nick25crd

Reaction score
No, the circuit diagrams give a good description of how the mechanism works as well as the circuitry and the solenoid (actually a small motor) is very much a part of the overall operation. If the wires going to the solenoid are disconnected in the mean time...you may still be able to at least open the glass window only by means of the Fob on the key remote.

thanks to both of you.Billwill is true.i can only open the glass window.does anyone know anything about this part?

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks to both of you.Billwill is true.i can only open the glass window.does anyone know anything about this part?

There is a small switch inside that senses the motor position....the manual says the assembly is a sealed unit and the switch itself cannot be replaced...I have not personally worked in this area so I cannot give any further advice other than that you probably have to replace the whole latch mechanism.:disgust: