L.O.S.t Ouray, CO Run... July '09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
L.O.S.T. Ouray, CO Run... July '09

Come on folks... you need to check this out and make plans to attend. It's a great way to get out of the Arizona heat for awhile. It's still a long way off, but that gives you enough time to get your resources together, plan some time off from work and do some 'high altitude' wheeling!!!

L.O.S.T. Ouray, CO Run... July '09.

Beth and I are going up Sep 13 - 19 for our fourth trip to the area and we'll be there again next year too!!! If anyone is interest in joining our trip coming up in Sep, let me know and I'll post more information.

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez, what's up? No one interested OR just to far out to plan???

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Just posting replies on the LOST site, that's all. We'll probably go next year. I'm already planning on it. :cool:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great!!! We'll see you there. Oh, and don't forget to bring along some oxygen for some of the high mountain passes. Imogene Pass (Wells #3) is at 13,114 ft. The air up there is pretty thin and it's cold and windy, even in July....

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm already pretty jazzed about it... and it's a year away! :rolleyes: I've never been to CO ever before, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I went to northwestern Montana a few years back - Glacier National Park area... where it was snowing in August. I loved it!

Bring on Ouray! :D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just posted this over on LOST concerning motels in Ouray where I usually stay...

Comfort Inn Ouray, CO....

I just spent 6 nights up there last month... with my military discount and it cost me $625.00 + tax. I just called the owner, Betty, and was going to book a room for next years LOST run. Forget it!!! Now they want $786.00 + tax for 6 nights next year and that's using my military discount!!!

So... any of you folks heading up there next summer, good luck finding a room at a resonable price in Ouray. We moved 36 miles north to Montrose and found a Quality Inn for $80.00 + tax a night at the military rate....

If anyone even has the slightest interest in going and staying in a motel, I'd recommend reserving a room now. They fill up quick for that time of year and the rates only get higher.

I also checked a couple of other places in Montrose (military rates):

~ Comfort Inn... $96.00 + tax
~ Hampton Inn... $108.00 + tax

Last edited:

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We normally stay in a B&B in Ouray. It's possible we could be up there this time of year. Hard to say this far in advance...can't even guarantee we'll live in Arizona next year. I'll keep this in the back of my mind though.

Latest posts

Members online