KK vs. KJ Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How different is the KK suspension from the KJ suspension? It doesn't look all that different, to me, but I've never put them right next to eachother before.

This, of course, brings up the question as to whether a lift created for a KJ would fit on a KK... Anyone have any input on that?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Front end is basically the same. What will work for the front end of the KJ will work for the KK. The rear end is very different however.

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the rear end on the KJ is a 4-link and the KK is a 5-link. (Of course, I may be completely wrong) How does this change my lifting options? Do I need to worry more about geometry after lifting? Does this limit my lifting more than a KJ?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the rear end on the KJ is a 4-link and the KK is a 5-link. (Of course, I may be completely wrong) How does this change my lifting options? Do I need to worry more about geometry after lifting? Does this limit my lifting more than a KJ?
With the KK's 5 link you will need a adjustable rear trackbar to center the axle when lifting,even if lifting 1" the axle will shift to the passenger side(if I remember correctly) and will wearout the rear driveshaft u-joints faster and maybe one of the reasons for ESP activation when turning left on lifted KK's as I know almost no one get's a adjustable trackbar to re-center the rear axle when they lift a KK.

Oh and the front UCA's are different between the KJ and KK.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
With the KK's 5 link you will need a adjustable rear trackbar to center the axle when lifting,even if lifting 1" the axle will shift to the passenger side(if I remember correctly) and will wearout the rear driveshaft u-joints faster and maybe one of the reasons for ESP activation when turning left on lifted KK's as I know almost no one get's a adjustable trackbar to re-center the rear axle when they lift a KK.

Oh and the front UCA's are different between the KJ and KK.
Hmm, interesting. You're probably right, Troy.

I'm gonna have to get one of those!

Members online

No members online now.