KJ Draws for the rear....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aloha all,
I have been looking for some draws for the rear of the KJ. Seems nobody makes them. (Same with Discoverys too).
Anybody made any or found any commercially that don't cost the same as the car? :D

Thanks......

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Youre best bet is to make your own. There are a few people that have done it.

I personally made a shelf for mine.

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Yep, looks like I am going to. Must be a market for good lightweight units that are strong due to the limited space in a KJ.
Hmmm...:rolleyes:

Lancer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only company that I know makes them is African Outback. In England they are sold through www.tbruk.com, but if you ask, they may be able to point you at an Aus/NZ importer. However, they are deffo NOT cheap!!:eek:

hollysprings

Reaction score
Yeah, making them yourself is the only way to go. The way to get the most out of a given amount of space is to have all your stuff fit exactly. And if you build it yourself you can keep revising it after getting experience using it.

May we ask what your purpose is? Do you need the barrier for pets or other animals? What kinds of special problems do you need to solve? And what do you want drawers for? Drawers tend to waste space since they usually aren't filled to capacity, but they can make sense if frequent access is necessary - otherwise, a soft-sided stackable container is more efficient.

I'm working on converting my newly-bought KJ into a camping/fishing vehicle. Since part of my end result is a wide open interior to sleep and camp in, I don't want to have too many fixed structures. So instead I'm building stackable structures for the various components that fit together nicely.

Oh, one tip, if you're in need of space - remove the paneling, especially in the back. There's lots of extra room behind it that you can use.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.