KJ '06 CRD, Power Steering-No Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaraBowser

Reaction score
Lost Power steering last month. Replaced pump with re-built and hoses (there was a leak) Refilled with ATF+4, No power, Replaced rack and associated hoses, No Power. Many times turning steering back and forth with front end on stands, still no power. Suggestions?

DaraBowser

Reaction score
New pump came in courier from Europe yesterday. (New pumps not available in North America) We will find out soon enough. I will them have a COMPLETELY NEW power steering system. Will let you know what happens with the new pump.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Have a helper keep fluid topped off when you start it up or spin the wheel. They can go from new to ruined quickly if they're run dry.

DaraBowser

Reaction score
@tommudd. You were right, CarDone rebuilt pump was bad. Put a new pump (ordered from Europe as Jeep does not stock this anymore). Power right away as soon as we fired it up. At least I now have COMPLETELY NEW power steering system thanks to a bogus rebuilt pump. Never buying anything from CarDone againe

Phil2020

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just replaced the High pressure power steering hose on my 2003 Jeep. (Note: the A/C will not work if there's a leak in this hose)
Mopar #: 55037801AB: Line - NS1

Now, I kept the old hose as it just had a small leak in the hose, the fittings are fine the seals are still in place, but where we live there are NO places to get the hose replaced.
As we got the 4th last Genuine MOPAR high pressure power steering hose in North America there are now only 3 MOPAR high pressure hoses left in NA.

2 in Texas, and 1 in Toronto Canada, ( good luck getting that 1).
If you have somewhere you can get the hose replaced in the US let me know.
Just DM and send me a shipping label and it's yours otherwise good luck trying to get a MOPAR replacement power steering hose.

We tried the other OEM's out there and they leak after 6 months or so.
The MOPAR should last you much longer:)
Just reply and it's yours:)

(ps: or will just ditch the old one responsibly).

Also if you cannot get a replacement MOPAR power steering pump just re-build the old. It's usually just O-rings and seals, you can buy the re-build kit for ~$16.97us.

Last edited:

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just replaced the High pressure power steering hose on my 2003 Jeep. (Note: the A/C will not work if there's a leak in this hose)
Mopar #: 55037801AB: Line - NS1

Now, I kept the old hose as it just had a small leak in the hose, the fittings are fine the seals are still in place, but where we live there are NO places to get the hose replaced.
As we got the 4th last Genuine MOPAR high pressure power steering hose in North America there are now only 3 MOPAR high pressure hoses left in NA.

2 in Texas, and 1 in Toronto Canada, ( good luck getting that 1).
If you have somewhere you can get the hose replaced in the US let me know.
Just DM and send me a shipping label and it's yours otherwise good luck trying to get a MOPAR replacement power steering hose.

We tried the other OEM's out there and they leak after 6 months or so.
The MOPAR should last you much longer:)
Just reply and it's yours:)

(ps: or will just ditch the old one responsibly).

Also if you cannot get a replacement MOPAR power steering pump just re-build the old. It's usually just O-rings and seals, you can buy the re-build kit for ~$16.97us.
Do you have a source for the rebuild kit on the pump?

My 04 is coming home from college soon and it is one of the things on my punch list.

- thought - if you have a hydraulic shop nearby, perhaps they could take that slightly leaky hose and make a new one. Somewhere, I read that those high pressure fittings can be salvaged.

rimedic

Reaction score
New pump came in courier from Europe yesterday. (New pumps not available in North America) We will find out soon enough. I will them have a COMPLETELY NEW power steering system. Will let you know what happens with the new pump.
Do you still have where you ordered the new pump from? I need power steering hoses.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you still have where you ordered the new pump from? I need power steering hoses.
Save yourself a headache and just take the old hoses to a hydraulics company, they will be able to make new ones to fit.

Latest posts

Members online