jeeper03 2003 limited KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is my new to me 2003 jeep liberty limited. I bought it about 3 months ago with a dead tranmission and spent the next two months fixing it and getting her back on the road. I bought a very low milage transmission (45,000) and put that in. At the same time when I had the motor out I decided to spruce up the engine and took everything off except for the heads and taking the posting out. The sludge in the oils pan was incredible and I cleaned everything very throughly before putting it together. All new gaskets everywhere so no oil leaks now as well as new plugs, oil filter, and air filter. The wiring harness was a mess so I also rewrapped the entire engine harness and it looks a lot better. When I put everything back together and took her for a drive I find out it won't shift and it turns out the solenoid pack was dead good thing it was under warranty and full repair was covered. Then after that the radiator started leaking so in went a new one. After that I have now driven it 1000 miles with (190,100) on the clock. This is my first 4x4 and I got to say I love this jeep. onto the pics. sorry about the quality I used my cellphone.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 19
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 22
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 17

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and nice Jeep. Glad you got it fixed up.

Dave

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks there is still a lot I want to do to get it where I want it. The interior was a mess as the PO had two dogs she liked to take everywhere with her and it seems as though they peed all over the carpet:shrug:. That and the seats were the first things out and thoroughly cleaned. you can no longer tell nor smell anything though. I see a lift or at least new suspension for it in the near future as it is still on the original suspension and after 190,000 miles its a rough ride sometimes. Not sure if I want a lift though or just a better stock suspension. Also none of the speakers work so new stereo will be installed at some point. Seems like the list never ends. But I'm having fun working on it and have no regrets going to a jeep.