Jeep Ownership after 15months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doublecardan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I thought I would chime in with some thoughts of owning this wonderful jeep product.

When I was looking for a vehicle Jeep was not even on my wish list.
I orginally was looking for a Chevy Blazer but the engine did not give me confidence to continue.

From the list to choose I looked at the following:

Nissan Mallfinder
Toyota Mallrunner
Landrover Mallrover (terrible reliability)

Dodge Dunggo (terrible on fuel and other reasons expained for Chrysler)

When I was on a dealer lot, in Barrie On, I was looking at the Blazer, then seen the Rennie, 67k for an 04 asking 7700 dollars, I was intriqued, I took the Rennie out for a test drive around the Barrie area and was Impressed. Chrysler cars and Trucks have a very well deserved reputation for poor ac units and very poor Transmissions. But I figured that since I could rebuild the ****** myself I would take the chance. It did need tires since the Goodyear GSR A were on it, I had the dealership take off another 6 bills for tires so total price was 7200 plus the two gouges Gst and PST.

I live in a winterwonderland, anybody who knows the area south of Georgian bay knows about deep deep snow. We get tons of it and rapidly, the Libby handled it beautifully and was a tank when the really rough stuff happened, like 102 inches in two and half days.

Some niggles of course, the ****** really needs another gear gog between 3 and 4th, there is too much of a drop between them, but I have learned to live with it. The window switches on the center console, dumb but i know they have moved them for later models. The AC stack, instead of having a separate button for the AC they incorporate it into the contol head, again very minor. I did have the rust around the rear brake light and it was looked after by a great body shop in Victoria Harbor, it also has the rusty oil pan look so my next vaction in October (Thanksgiving) off it will come to be replaced.

Great things about the jeep, Great power, it tows really well, and gives great mileage, usually around 480 to 500km from a tank, although it took awhile to figure out that the low fuel warning comes on at about 18 liters remaining so I thought the economy was middling but instead its been a great surprise and considering what the jeep does it is more than adequate.

I hope (I know it will) that this jeep will last for a long time. The post is long but hopefully it might help someone who is looking for a jeep that is a little older and not give them cold feet.

Cheers KJ (even my initals are Jeep)

fullmetalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call friend. I wish that i had found a renegade for that price! We are thoroughly enjoying our KJ so far as well (2003 74k miles). It fits us as a young fit couple very well. I feel like the seats and the entire vehicle were made for someone exactly my size and build. I agree with the needing an extra gear, it does feel like it falls off the face of earth in that dead spot there.

Latest posts

Members online