jeep on cinder blocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgear

Reaction score
alot of factors come into play if using a cinder block.. depends on where its placed, where/how much pressure is being distributed over the block, the condition of said block..

don't test it out, because if the block cracks or breaks apart and your vehicle falls.. I guarantee the costs will be alot more than a set of jack stands.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alot of factors come into play if using a cinder block.. depends on where its placed, where/how much pressure is being distributed over the block, the condition of said block..

don't test it out, because if the block cracks or breaks apart and your vehicle falls.. I guarantee the costs will be alot more than a set of jack stands.

What he said

They may or may not. I wouldn't want to find out. Most people put them the wrong way anyways.

ShafferNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you're using them for. If you're just using them to store the vehicle on, I would say they'd be fine. Just put a 2x6 board between the cinder block and the vehicle.

I wouldn't substitue a jack stand for it or trust it enough to crawl under it.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont do it. i had one bust years ago when working on my truck. i got lucky i wasnt under it. if you dont have jack stands use cross ties cut to length or 4X4s, but even then the money they cost you could just buy jack stands.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck Rednecks have been using them for years crazy.gif

I've thought about using them under one of my trailer for winter storage but they'd have to be placed upright like they're designed to be used.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They might hold the weight, but i have seen an 84 mustang (iron block, alum intake&heads, tube headers... not a lot of weight) and the weight from the front end of that actually broke standard bricks. There was also a piece of wood between car and brick so it wasn't a tiny pressure point that broke the brick, it just was not good for that purpose.
But, I have seen plenty of vehicles on the side of the road sitting on cinderblocks (sometimes the blocks have broken under the vehicle, though).

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the cheap, I would go to a construction site and ask for the cutoffs from 4x6, 4x8, or 4x10's. Railroad ties work but they're dirty and stinky. :eek:

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Harbor Freight
3 ton
16.5"+ max hight
$20 a pair
2 X 12's stacked up will make them as high as you want
I use these on my TJ that is lifted 3.5" and it works fine

Latest posts

Members online