jeep liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on not using my 08 jeep liberty for while is there going be any problem if don't use it or start up?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How long???
If it'll be a more than a month, I'd remove the battery, drain the tank, new oils, and take the wheels off.:)

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why do you say remove wheels and drain tank take battery out it going be more then 90days?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
why do you say remove wheels and drain tank take battery out it going be more then 90days?

Remove the wheels/tires so the tires don't get a "flat spot"

Drain the tank so when you start it up again you won't have bad gas.

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has full tank gas in it do I still need drain it also what you mean when you say flat spot on tire.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
First, how long are you gonna lay it up?

If you already have a full tank of fuel, just put fuel stabilizer in it.

As far as the tires go, it won't hurt them to sit there, they will be ok.

Just pull the battery and dump fuel stabilizer in it and be done with it.

Parked inside a garage by any chance? If not, and summer being here, might want to cover it or block the sun from getting inside and fading the dash plastics.:eek:

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got to say i love your title to this thread, cant be more to the point then that

other than that if your storing it for under 2 years , just put the stabalizer in and dont worry about the tires. It will take some time to rot those bad boys, pulling the battery will make it so you dont kill the battery by draining it fully (car bats dont like that)

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Storing KJ

I store my Kj for the summer as I use it for my winter vehicle mainly and store it for 6 months.
I am around it and store with a full tank of gas. Use 1 year marine stabilizer added with Lucas fuel treatment/conditioner. I start it up once every week with fresh synthetic oil, and starting it keeps it lubed in there. I also charge the battery 2 x per month. Turn the wheels back and forth, turn the air conditioning on and run for a while every month. Also roll it back and forth applying brakes.
When I start to drive it again, I generally consider changing fluids have inspections done before winter. I only have 36,000 miles on my 04. Tires try to keep out of sun or use cardboard covers if not in garage.

mcinfantry

Reaction score
IF there is ethanol in your gas i dont care what additive you use, i would NOT long term store it with ethanol additive fuel.

cvt8474

Reaction score
I plan on not using my 08 jeep liberty for while is there going be any problem if don't use it or start up?

Don't worry about taking the tires off, or draining the gas. I have stored several of corvettes and never needed to worry about that stuff. In fact I know a car collector that never drains the gas or takes the wheels off. This guy has 5 original shelby mustangs, the new gulf edition ford gt, and a few others, so I think he'd know what to do. All I did when storing my vette's through the winter is put stable in the gas, and remove the positive lead to the battery. You really don't need to pull the battery if you don't want to.

There are many mixed reviews about putting a car on blocks to store it versus leaving the wheels on. You can buy a plastic part (sort of like a cup) that you put around the section of the tire that sits on the ground that helps to eliminate flat spots. That's just my thoughts.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about taking the tires off, or draining the gas. I have stored several of corvettes and never needed to worry about that stuff. In fact I know a car collector that never drains the gas or takes the wheels off. This guy has 5 original shelby mustangs, the new gulf edition ford gt, and a few others, so I think he'd know what to do. All I did when storing my vette's through the winter is put stable in the gas, and remove the positive lead to the battery. You really don't need to pull the battery if you don't want to.

There are many mixed reviews about putting a car on blocks to store it versus leaving the wheels on. You can buy a plastic part (sort of like a cup) that you put around the section of the tire that sits on the ground that helps to eliminate flat spots. That's just my thoughts.

I agree. My Girl has a 1981 Benz 300CD that we put away for 6 to 8 months straight during the cold seasons. We pull it in the Garage (non-heated) in the back and put a cover on it and that's it. Then when springs comes around. We take the cover off and turn the key and drive it out with no problems. We've been doing this for countless years now.

Last edited: