Jeep Liberty CRD Fuel Filter Pics.........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 CRD has 17,147 miles on the clock as of today and it's getting close for the 3rd oil change (I've been on about a 5700 to 6000 mile drain interval or so).

The fuel filter has a recommended replacement interval of 25k miles, but I really don't want to stretch it that far.

I recently purchased the fuel filter from Cornett Chrysler in Irvine, KY.....part number 52129238AA........lists for $44.22 and my cost was $27.50 plus tax.

Here's a few pics of the filter.

Greg

You must be registered for see images

This is the bottom part of the fuel filter.

If you look in the previous picture, you'll see a white "dummy" plastic plug that threads into the bottom of the fuel filter.....this is where the water is regularly drained from the fuel filter and where the WIF (Water In Fuel) sensor is located.

This is the top part of the fuel filter.

There's two o-rings / gaskets that need a light coating of diesel applied to them prior to installation.

Note the white filter media through the six holes in the filter.

If you look a tad harder, you'll see the bottom of the filter where the WIF Sensor is attached.

Fuel Delivery Diagram 2.8L CRD.