It Works....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks???

I take pride in my vehicles and keep them pretty clean. Since the wife's Liberty won't be seeing trail duty anytime soon, I decided to do a little detailing today.

I steam cleaned the engine bay, the under carriage and wheel wells. Then I took the tooth brush to the nooks and crannies to attack all the Arizona trail dust that's been building up since last spring. Then the KJ got a coat of wax and I finished it off by sealing it with Turtle Wax ICE Detailer.

The last job on the agenda was to clean all the black plastic trim and the fender flares. I dreaded the thought of Back to Black and Armoral. Then I remembered a trick I've read about here and on other car forums that I always wanted to try, but never got around to it.

Well, let me tell you, the old peanut butter trick really works!!! If you've never tried it, you should.

Good old Skippy peanut butter....

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a little dap on a paper towel, rub it onto the area with the white wax stains on the black plastic trim, then wipe it off with a soft towel. The oil in the peanut butter takes out the wax stains and if you get some on the metal body parts, it rubs off a lot easier than Back to Black or Armorall...

OR

Just make a triple decker peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, wash it down with a cold glass of Ovaltine chocolate milk and say the heck with cleaning the Jeep.... :D :p ;)

How's fire school coming along???

Last edited:

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW! Never heard of that, quite impressed. I'll have to try it some time. (Tell Beth I said "hi" :D )

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're gonna have to organize a run, just becuase you detailed it. :)

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're gonna have to organize a run, just becuase you detailed it. :)
You better hurry and schedule one... I'm on a car cleaning kick this week. I cleaned up the Crossfire yesterday, the Liberty today. The Honda is on the schedule for tomorrow morning and the TJ Sunday (which is is still dirty from the scouting trip o8k and I did two weeks ago to BCH, so that's what we'll drive). :D

We're skipping the LOST CK run tomorrow. Looks like the next run on the schedule is for the Saturday after Thanksgiving, down near Douglas and Bisbee somewhere. Signcutter21 hasn't posted anything more on it lately, we gotta get with him and see what's up OR get another run going for Nov (the "Chuck Wagon" will be ready to get dirty again by then).... :p

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I just found this article on a Crossfire forum. This guy did a test on a Mini Cooper using several different products and techniques. The winner was Forever Black.

Has anyone here tried this stuff???

What about their tire dressing???

Last edited:

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peanut Butter definitely works for cleaning off wax stained trim. Just make sure you get creamy and not extra crunchy.cryinghard.gif

I find that after cleaning with peanut butter, the trim still needs to be finished with a dressing or dye.

Has anyone here tried this stuff???

What about their tire dressing???
The reason why Forever Black won is because it is a dye instead of the typical silicone or water based dressing. It dyes the trim, tires or vinyl instead of simple "moisturizing" it for a short time. I'm not saying it cheated, just telling why it is better.

I have not used Forever Black, but I have used Bondo #800 Restore Black. It is pretty much the same product. Same bottle and same applicator so that makes me assume it is the same product inside. Both are priced at $11 at most places. However, you can get Bondo Restore Black at WalMart which made me choose it over Forever Black.

You must be registered for see images attach

They even have the same applicator specifically made for truck bed-liners...

If you type "Forever Black" into Google images, you will find a picture of the same rear bumper image shown on the box of Bondo #800.lol

I just did a '91 Honda Accord this past weekend that had badly faded and chalky trim. Here is a decent pic of half-&-half...
You must be registered for see images attach

Bondo #800 made it look brand new. It was just as easy to apply as other dressings. Wipe on and let it dry. You just have to be careful around paint unlike dressings. If you get it on paint, wipe it right off. If it dries, it is quite a bit tougher to get off. Which tells me that it works.

I say go for either an you will be happy.

Last edited: