It Had to Happen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stopped at intersection waiting for the traffic light to change, a lady pulls up behind me then decides she wants to be in the turning lane and now my new Liberty needs body work, no major damage but cosmetic, the left fender flare is all scratched, the clips that hold it on in the rear are broken and the corner piece to the left of the license plate is gouged as well as the rubber strip above the bumper, she never had a license plate on her car and no registration, she did show the police officer a certificate of insurance, hopefully it is legit, but not sure how one can insure an unregistered vehicle, I'll find out tomorrow

Bob

2003KJ

Reaction score
sorry to hear, even though it is minor, it really ***** to have what you work hard for even remotely damaged by a careless idiot.

dnm45227

Reaction score
Main thing is no one was hurt. Even if she's not insured, that's what you pay insurance for and the state will make life hard for her.

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the insurance part, in this state you have to get the car/truck/motorcycle insured before you can get plates for them. I think most states are like that now :-k .............glad no one was hurt though......

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way it is supposed to work here is that when you purchase a car, which the lady said she just did, upon proof of insurance or the dealer selling you insurance, you are issued a temporary paper license tag good for 90 days or until you receive the metal plate, what I am skeptical about is she said she just picked up the car, how could she have a certificate of insurance from the insurance company, nothing works that fast, and the mail system here is still not working.

Bob

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, at least no one was hurt. I hope it all works out well for you.

Dave

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was contacted by the other drivers insurance company, they even sent out an appraiser, said I should get hisr report in 5 days, in the meantime I went to a nearby body shop and got an estimate of $1000.00, the body shop told me the plastic fender flare is cheaper to repalce than refinish.

Bob

Latest posts

Members online