Is this "too hot"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GitEmSteveDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I don't normally run the heat on my Libby at all, which is a stark departure from my Dodge 3500, which would finally start pushing out warm air when I was just pulling into work 25 minutes from my house. With the Libby, it's generally warm enough to run w/the window 1/4" down.

Today I was wet with rain and the wind blowing, so I put the heat on as I left the farm. After a few minutes, it felt really hot, so I grabbed my non contact thermometer(been using it to scan coworkers) and the reading was almost 190F. Is this normal? I tried searching "heat vent temperature" but nothing relevant came up.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I've seen 185 F before with vent probe.
Jeep has a great heater.
I just regulate the temp downward to just past the half way mark once the jeep is fully warmed up inside .

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
They have a bad expensive $170.00 OEM thermostat. Idling forever never gave any heat. They do fine on a long trip and ok if you rev the heck out of them. Looking forward to better heat with a spendy aftermarket upgrade.

Lots of Dodge diesels here but I've never heard any complaints. Maybe you got a bad one.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liberty certain spoiled me when it comes to the heat and A/C. I've yet to be in another vehicle with HVAC as good as the liberty. Doesnt matter if its -30F or 100F, I've always been comfortable in the liberty. I've always thought something was wrong with my ZJ's HVAC but its just not as good as the libertys.

Latest posts

Members online