Is there a direct-connect iPod cable for MyGIG RER yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still cannot find a definitive answer no matter how hard I search.

Is there a direct connect iPod cable that is compatible with the RER MyGIG system WITH NAV? And that would be NOT FM modulated, and would be controllable through the headunit?

I would really appreciate some help on this as I am pulling out my hair trying to figure this one out. Some say yes, some say no, many say I don't know.

I can't stand having that wire plugged into the AUX in front of the deck.

spolebitski

Reaction score
Do you have a 2009 Jeep Liberty?

According to the brochure there is a Universal Consumer Interface (UCI) that is written about in the 2009 Brochure. The Mopar part is 82210787AB ($25.65). I contacted chrysler about this and they said it is the same radio that is in the compass, patriot, and grand Cherokee but they having nothing listed in the "owners manual" for the 09 liberty about this. This part is not listed on the Mopar Accessories Liberty section.

The item that is listed on the mopar site is the ipod integration. The mopar part is 82211853 ($87.15). This is for the RER radios according to the website.

I asked the same question to my salesmen and he tried for two days to get an answer and could not get a clear answer. He worked with parts dept and chrysler no one could give him an answer to what to do (or tell his customer).

My plan is to have the UCI cable ($25.65) installed first (before taking delivery), if that does not work then I will go with the ipod integration ($87.15). Both options you should be able to have your ipod in your glove-box and control from the head-unit.

I will post in a bout a month, until then I would try the first option. If it works please post so we know which part to order.

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I've got an 08.

I checked the mopar site and I see the direct connect kit for 2009 RER radios, but not 2008.

What is different between the two years that would make this not interchangeable? Or should it work for both years?

spolebitski

Reaction score
The difference is a good question. 08 maybe 20gb 09 30gb ... anyone technical know if there is a difference?

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody?

Is this kit direct-in or is it friggin' FM transmitter garbage?

If it's not FM modulated, then I might just bite the bullet, order it and see if it works with the 08.

Anybody know either way?

spolebitski

Reaction score
At this time im not sure if it's a kit or just a cable. I have asked the parts dept and they can not give me any answers. When I talk to them they just look in the book from mopar and it doesn't give them any real information. What would help is to see the part or the instructions to see what the part actually is.