iPod question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have a 2003 Liberty Sport. I also have an iPod ad am looking for a good way to connect it to my stock cd player.

I've seen this new "PIE" controller, but I'm not interested in that. I don't want to control the iPod with my radio. I only want to plug it into the radio itself. My "iTrip" FM transmitter works OK, but has static problems. Hence, my desire to plug it in directly to the radio.

My hope was that there's a simple cable that would plug into the back of the radio.

Thoughts, anyone?

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Jon, you beat me too it!!

But that's what you need, I had one and it worked really nice.

(welcome)

Bennett

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one, and it works really well. You should get one...easy to install, works great....posted my results somewhere in an old thread here when I did it.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Panasonic DEH-P3700MP cd head unit. I purchased the iMonster RCA cable and plugged it in directly to the radio. The unfortunate problem was that I could not control the volume with my radio, only from the iPod. This delivered very little volume. Was there something i may have missed?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some head units you can change settings so that you can control the volume of your aux input from either the device itself, the radio, or both...check it out, you may have a setting that has gone astray.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
blckkj said:
I have a Panasonic DEH-P3700MP cd head unit. I purchased the iMonster RCA cable and plugged it in directly to the radio. The unfortunate problem was that I could not control the volume with my radio, only from the iPod. This delivered very little volume. Was there something i may have missed?

the HU should still have volume controls.....
so...the HU volume controls we're just none existant? when going in to AUX

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
blckkj said:

the HU should still have volume controls.....
so...the HU volume controls we're just none existant? when going in to AUX

Correct, no volume control using AUX from the head unit. Weird....I looked in the manual and it only tells me how to turn AUX on/off.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
blckkj said:
Correct, no volume control using AUX from the head unit. Weird....I looked in the manual and it only tells me how to turn AUX on/off.

it's a pioneer right, not a panasonic?....
did u get the aux input adapter from pioneer?....
aux adapters

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ooopss!! Yea a Pioneer haha! Sorry.

iPod in your car: Pioneer CD-iB100 controller interface.

Yea, I thought of getting that but I read too many bad reviews and not enough good ones. I do have the pre-in RCA Left/Right connection on the back. I plugged the iMonster cable directly into that (input) and it played but not loud, with no volume control functions while in AUX on the head unit.

Thanks again for all the advice. I don't think there is any easy way to do this, I should've gone Alpine head unit becaues I heard tons of rave reviews about their units and the Alpine controller!![/url]

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All set:

I am now using the Pioneer CDRB-10
You must be registered for see images

$35 bucks at my local CarTunes car audio store and another $12 for RCA-Mini audio cable. Done deal!! The sound is CD Quality and my Pioneer Head Unit directly controls the volume. I love it!!

claudio

Reaction score
I have a pioneer Deh-P7350 and a custom made aux in cable, conected direct to the ipod and i control volumen on the ipod and on the HU, the HU has 40 levels of volumen, i can't pass the 30 because it's too loud, ipod always at max.

Pioneers radios has SLA, (Source Level Adjust) yo can control the level on every source, may be the aux is down, and you need to increase the level, i have all levels at 0 (range -6,+6)

Claudio

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an Aiwa cd deck in my last car. $140, it was a 52Watt/channel deck, played mp3s off cds, AND had a jack right in the front of the deck for an iPod.

I left it with my old car and bought a new alpine with iPod controller box. Love not having to fiddle with the iPod itself while driving (head unit ipod controls aren't half bad on the alpine)