Interior Light Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going around and replacing my interior lights. Currently trying to put in new map light bulbs.

Anybody know how to get to the bulbs? Do I have the remove the whole overhead console?

Any info on getting to the dome light bulb in the cargo area would be greatly appreciated as well.

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you have to remove the overhead console to get to the map lights. There's a few clips holding the whole thing together. Cargo area...haven't opened mine up yet. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

What are you putting in, anything good?

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think all you do is use a flat head screw driver on the edge of it... where the clear plastic meets with your trim color. it is on the drivers side on mine.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to pry the back one off but I tried to pry the little map lights out and couldn't. I'm afraid of breaking them so when I have more patience, I'll try to take the console out lol.

I'm just replacing the bulbs for now because they're really gross and dim. Changing the back one made a HUGE difference so I'm excited to do the front as well. I want to get LED eventually.

rallycom

Reaction score
LEDs

I was able to pry the back one off but I tried to pry the little map lights out and couldn't. I'm afraid of breaking them so when I have more patience, I'll try to take the console out lol.

I'm just replacing the bulbs for now because they're really gross and dim. Changing the back one made a HUGE difference so I'm excited to do the front as well. I want to get LED eventually.

Just ordered 10 LED bulbs for the overhead console lights.....not sure if they will fit.

If they work out well there will be at least 6 of them up for grabs.

Should have them in less than a week

later all

Rich