Interior/Dome Light Flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnm45227

Reaction score
I have an '02 LTD and every once in a while the interior lights will go up and down in intensity and if I leave them on the highest setting the dome light will come on. The only way to get the dome light to go off is to use the switch on the coulmn to turn it to the on position and then off.

Have any of you had this problem?

Thanks,
Doug

dnm45227

Reaction score
Great thanks. Apparently this has happened before. Has anyone done the repiar. I don't want to spend the money to read the TSB (the link lists it, but won't let me view unless I purchase) and find out it's beyond my abilities?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
just take it to the dealer, and tell them whats wrong, it will show up as a TSB, and will do it at no cost..But call ahead of time tho, and ask them about it first. oh and print it out that page, and show it to them, if anything. (calling dc themselves would probably help too)

Liberty Titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 02 LTD does the same thing once and a while. Not overly often but I will be driving down the high way and my two front interior lights will come on out of the blue or start flickering for a few seconds. They go back out after about 20 seconds so I don't know. It doesn't happen enough for me to start worrying yet but time will tell. Let us know what you find out.

dnm45227

Reaction score
I appreciate all the info Jon. I'll be sure to let you guys know how it turns out.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yeah, lets us know whats turns out..since this is tsb, either
post up here , and i'll move it to the tsb section, or create a new thread in the tsb section

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having this problem now. Several others have too. Several posts about it...

BUT NOBODY ACTUALLY MENTIONS WHAT THE TSB SAYS OR WHAT THE PROBLEM IS OR IF THE DEALER RESOLVED THE PROBLEM OR WHAT THE OUTCOME WAS!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is a forum people, let's remember that we're helping each other, not just selfishly asking for help then going away.

Whew. I feel better. So, can anyone help me in a way other than showing me where there's a TSB that I have to pay to see (grrrr)?

What does the TSB say? How do you fix the problem? Anyone??

Welsh Dragon

Reaction score
I've also got this problem on an 02 - the cause is the turn signal stalk itself - the one with the rotary switch that controls dial brightness and also turns on interior lights if turned fully away from you. This stalk is seriously over worked too many functions ! If I mess about with it I can make the fault occur, however if you turn rotary part towards you one click so you are using the variable part (dials stay the smae but radio , computer , and milage dims) you shouldn't have anymore problems.:)

Main concern is the fire hazard a short like this can cause , ie: wiring harness burning - i've heared of a guy at LOST who had to have a burnt harness replaced due to this fault:eek:

Hope this answers your question.....but probably not what you wanted to hear best to get it replaced;)

dnm45227

Reaction score
I'm having this problem now. Several others have too. Several posts about it...

BUT NOBODY ACTUALLY MENTIONS WHAT THE TSB SAYS OR WHAT THE PROBLEM IS OR IF THE DEALER RESOLVED THE PROBLEM OR WHAT THE OUTCOME WAS!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is a forum people, let's remember that we're helping each other, not just selfishly asking for help then going away.

Whew. I feel better. So, can anyone help me in a way other than showing me where there's a TSB that I have to pay to see (grrrr)?

What does the TSB say? How do you fix the problem? Anyone??

it's about a $200 fix at the dealer, i just traded the '02 in on an '05 to fix mine.

just call the dealer and ask him to give you info on the multifunction stalk tsb.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the multi-function switch yourself(about $90 I believe) and it takes about 10min to replace,will need a T15 torx bit.

And unless your KJ is still under the 3year/36,000mile warrenty it will not be covered under warrenty,the 7/70,000 powertrain warrenty does not cover it,nor will any aftermarket warrenties since it is a electronic part.

Members online

No members online now.