Interesting Video On Traction Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFJI0tLMVpI

I guess it might actually be worth something for a 2WD. I found it interesting that the trucks with traction control did better than the ones with lockers. Check it out and voice you opinion.

I was wondering how my 2wd liberty was making it through the snow

Last edited:

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
thats got my wheels turning now lol....i might go see if i can find one to test drive when i go back to work..lol might buy one:D

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i won the lottery i would want the diesel powered Ram Power Wagon... Awesome truck with a lot of features, SFA and electronic lockers front and rear and an integrated winch in the front, sweet...

Anyway, since i doubt i will win the lottery i will stick with my KJ.

Oh and watch out on the Toyota doing tests like that, the throttle might stick.. LMAO

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Do they make a diesel power wagon? I am not sure. The weight of that 6BT up front is known to cause 4wd rams to bury themelves, or at least that was an issue 10 years ago.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldnt find the power wagon on dodges site but I built a 2500 diesel. Fully loaded its 57k!! Thats insane! The diesel option alone is 8k!

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
the power wagon the dodge's website is a 2500 5.7L hemi powered but ya i would like the 5.9 turbo diesel or is it the 6.7 turbo...shit i cant rem. but anyways......

cuatroXcuatro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they need to define "challenged by the slippery surface they were on" when referring to mechanically engaged lockers. I mechanical locking diff acts as a spool when engaged, so please explain this to me. Doesn't sound like a true locker to me so don't let this video mislead you.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NONE of those trucks had REAL lockers
Detroit and ARB make REAL lockers
if any 1 of them had a locker this would have been a nonissue
they would have had near 0 wheel spin

I know for sure that my TJ or ANY LOCKED rear drive any thing could easily go up that

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
NONE of those trucks had REAL lockers
Detroit and ARB make REAL lockers
if any 1 of them had a locker this would have been a nonissue
they would have had near 0 wheel spin

I know for sure that my TJ or ANY LOCKED rear drive any thing could easily go up that

Your right,my Aussie would go up that like Grant took Richmond.