Interesting things to do with tow strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Mine lives in the cargo net that's on the tailgate of the jeep until I need it.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for storage when not on the trail I keep the 1 in the KJ under the rear seat
and the 1 in the TJ behind the rear seat
when I am on the trail I keep them in the same spot unless I must use them
I try very very hard not to use them and to keep them clean and dry
so they last a long time
Dirt and water ,and rocks if you have them, destroy straps if you leave them hanging
on your rig when you go out wheelin so I dont do that
I also like to walk away from a ride saying
"well my pile is dirty but my strap is clean ,this means that I did not get stuck"
sort of like bragging rights

Uncle Krusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rides quitetly in the "equipment bag" behind the rear seat. it keeps company with the tool set, a 3-D cell mag light, a fresh roll of TP (still wrapped), and some other essentialls like duct tape...

BTW, those accordian style front window shades make great mats for working under your rig in a pinch. I don't care how "manly" you are, you need something between you and 130 degree Arizona asphlat.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If I did have one, which I plan to get soon, it would be in cargo area.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my strap stored in a nice clear zippered bag, like what you would get bed sheets, or cheap jumper cables in. i save every one of those bags i get just for storing stuff in my rig. they are reasonably water resistant (short of being thrown in the river), you can see what's inside, Another thing that is handy is military ammo cans, you can get many different sizes, you can paint them, you can drill holes in them to bolt them to brackets. and they are extremely water proof. I like to keep a small 12v air pump, tire plug kit, emergency kit, and emergency blanket in mine. and if i choose to, i can stencil on it what it is, if i wind up with more than one. also, these are excellent for tire chains. keeps the mud and rust out of your rig, then after you get home, just remember to rinse them off, let them dry,and then hit them with a coat of paint or wd-40 before putting them back into the can.
I even suggested this to a friend who does off road racing... cut a hole in the end of an amo can, glue some plexi glass on it, make some padding inside with trash bags and sprayfoam to fit a small video camera inside it, then bolt the can to a mount on his roll cage and he could video his race without having to worry about the little tripod mount snapping out of the camera and having a bunch of trucks drive over it. it worked quite well

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.