Interest in Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexD

Reaction score
Came across this site and have been researching non-stop for the past couple days. Being a first time Jeep lifter, I kind of am stepping away from the "piecing together lift" unless somebody can help otherwise. I have lifted my straight axle cummins but this is a different story. I have read the stickies/millions of posts, but just can't seem to find what I am looking for. All these websites are confusing the crap out of me.

I already have an offroad rig, this is just going to be the occasional weekend mud toy. It's driven daily by the girlfriend, just want to give it a bigger stance and throw some nice tires on it.

Money is not too big of an issue but not really wanting to put more then 1k into this puppy for the lift. Been looking at Frankenlift II setup.. Or is it cheaper to put together???

Thanks in advance, and sorry for being a Jeep rookie. :pp:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
In Ohio everyone heads for Mudds Garage:happy175:
Doing a KJ lift tomorrow on a guy from Cleveland area

But seriously
look at www.jeepinbyal.com
has several lifts
also check over on LOSTJEEPS several posts to read through there as well
( I think I've answered a few lift questions over there)
basically no matter if its for the street or trail you want a good ride
so 4 OME coils, most use 927s/948s
then OME shocks make sure you get 132Ls for the rear
or Bilstein makes a good shock as well
F4-BE5-D916-H0 and F4-BE5-6458-H7 work great
if going Bilstein throw some teraflex front bumpstops on and 2 hockey pucks per side in the rear and be good for a long time.
If you want more than 2 inches of lift there are some who have some tricks you can do as well.
You can do a lift anywhere from 750 to 1500 or so.
Tires stay with 245-75-16s and you'll be fine, no major rubbing and mileage won't take a huge hit with no regearing needed

Last edited: