Infinity Basslink speaker level inputs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to put the Basslink that's in my KJ into my new JK, but I'm gonna keep the factory cd player so I guess I'm gonna need the speaker level input plugs that come with the Basslink to make it work the right way. Problem is, I threw all that away when I got mine because I figured I'd never use them. So, I know there are other people on here with Basslink's and if you've got those plugs I"m talking about then let me know what you want for them...cuz I need em!:D

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, should've updated this. I ordered them from Infinity for about $15. And yes, you can install a sub with the factory radio. The basslink has the inputs so all you have to do is tap into the factory speaker wire. It's all installed and sounds great....here's a pic:
You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Argh, i thought you would sell it! :)

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean that you can install a subwoofer without an aftermarket stereo?

Is that sarcasm or honest question? I have a traditional sub/amp setup in mine. You can do it with a line level converter, or some amps have speaker level inputs. My old one (died) did, my current one needed the LLC.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Is that sarcasm or honest question? I have a traditional sub/amp setup in mine. You can do it with a line level converter, or some amps have speaker level inputs. My old one (died) did, my current one needed the LLC.

It was an honest question. I didn't know that it was possible.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, for sure you can. Basically, you splice a line level converter in to your stock wiring. I used the rear channels. So, splice those 4 wires (R+, R-, L+, L-) into the line level converter. Use RCA patch cable from the LLC to the amp. Booyah, you're done.

I fit the LLC into the dash near the radio and ran an RCA patch cable up to it. Amp is underneath my driver's rear seat, sub is behind driver's rear seat. I set it up so I can quickly remove the box with no tools in case I need the cargo room.

Most Sony amps have speaker level inputs. I did that on my prix - again, I tapped into my rear channel at the speakers in the trunk. Ran that directly into the high level inputs on the amp, and I was bumpin'.

If you'd like to check out my KJ setup, lemmie know.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.