Infant car seats for Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SEKJared

Reaction score
My wife and I currently have one baby that's almost a year old and I have the convertible car seat we own installed in the Liberty no problem. It fits nice and snug facing rearward in the back seat between the two front buckets. However, last Friday we discovered we have another little one on the way.

With the current car seat we have, I can't fit it behind the passenger or driver seats in the rear facing position. Since we will have two car seats in the vehicle I will need to find at least one car seat that will fit behind the front seats without causing someone upfront to get real friendly with the dashboard.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the problem with putting one of the baby seats in the forward facing position?

SEKJared

Reaction score
State law says child seats must be rear facing until the child is at least two years of age. The first child will only be nineteen months when the second child is born.

SEKJared

Reaction score
Out of curiosity does your state also have a weight limit before the child seat
can be facing forward?

Well I looked it up to double check and I was mistaken. The state law is that the child must be at least one year old and twenty pounds before their child seat can legally be forward facing. Our pediatrician recommended the seats stay rear facing until they are at least two years of age.

We have to go see the pediatrician for a wellness check in a little over a week, I will ask if they happen to have any resources for what car seats may work in the vehicle or not.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I my state the fire department will not only help you in getting a child seat free of charge from the hospital at berth but will install it correctly for you. Sad that a lot of people dont know this.

liberty74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't remember what child seats we had when my sons were young, we had two seats in the backseat of our liberty. Being they were twins we didn't have the luxury of one forward, one backwards. Both were front facing at the same time and we had plenty of room.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that the local babies-r-us will let you "try them"
now that was nearly 6 years ago
we found a rear facing seat that would fit behind the passenger
seat in a KJ with me sitting in it now I am only 5'10" and 180#
but still it worked
You may want to try them first

hillbillyhotrod

Reaction score
Dang........ thats hectic......

Here by me anything goes...... its common to see 2 or 3 kids sitting in the front with not even a seat belt......

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Dang........ thats hectic......

Here by me anything goes...... its common to see 2 or 3 kids sitting in the front with not even a seat belt......

They do the same here illegally!
Pack 30-35 East Indians (Hindu's, Punjabs mostly) into an extended Chevy or
Ford Van, sitting on boards held up by paint cans!
Packed in like Sardines!
Then they get pulled over by the R.C.M.P. and they just keep emerging from
the van over and over and over again!

hillbillyhotrod

Reaction score
Ya diffrence here is it isnt a pickup or old renault that has more rust than the UN has tetinis shots......

These are idiots drive Mercedes Benz c lass or new Audi A4's ect.... even seen them do it in a Bmw X5.... and these arent rural roads either this is in the Burbs on the way to school or home.

Eish mami: why do people think you a stupid...How Jabu cause i do stupid things ne.