Inc's Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure 25% is the legal limit for the front here....I kinda want a bit darker, but don't want a ticket....

As long as it was close, then I'd be happier and I don't want to get harassed by the cops either.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Im just wondering but to me the grill looks alot like a wrangler front end... is it?

Nope it is the grill that came on the 2005+ KJ Renegades.

You must be registered for see images

I wish the grill was metal like the Wrangler ones instead of plastic though.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will most likely be the next phase of my jeep's evolution. A travel buddy of sorts.

That is coming along really nice.

Lets see....I can visualize some of that diamondplate on the front and rear.....paint it black and leave the fenders silver....a hi-lift jack and shovel mounted on, a spare gas can, a set of soft 8's and mtr's on it.....ok, I am getting carried away here.

Dave

Inc

Free
Reaction score
That is coming along really nice.

Lets see....I can visualize some of that diamondplate on the front and rear.....paint it black and leave the fenders silver....a hi-lift jack and shovel mounted on, a spare gas can, a set of soft 8's and mtr's on it.....ok, I am getting carried away here.

Dave

I won't be going all out on the trailer. It won't see real tough action on the trails. It will see more asphalt than anything for sure. When I have my wife and kids with me and our dog, there isn't any room for gear in the jeep. So if we go camping I need a trailer to haul our stuff. Since my wife is not an off roader in the slightest, I won't have anyone with me in the jeep when doing the harder trails (maybe a buddy at most). I will most likely go with 33s because I think 35s are too big for these fenders, and I won't need off road tires either. This thing will be pretty light as well. It will be black with gray fenders to match my jeep. I may mount my shovel and axe in it but not the hi lift. Hopefully a gas can up front and maybe a propane tank mount too. We'll see.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
They all say they're interested in off roading, then you get married....

My wife never had any interest in it. She loves camping, and the outdoors, but offroading just scares the crap out of her.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine's the opposite...enjoys wheeling the snot out of the KJ, but doesn't like to camp. I don't camp that well either....gotta have my Temper Pedic mattress... :D

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a closet wheeler. Love to ride shotgun, but don't put her in the drivers seat she's way to timid. But what do you expect from a farm girl...

Inc

Free
Reaction score
My wife refuses to drive the SFA KJ now. She liked to drive it before that, on road anyway, but no way could I get her to drive it now. She knows it is my baby and even though I beat on it really hard, she is afraid that she'll be the one to break or wreck it. :rolleyes:

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife refuses to drive the SFA KJ now. She liked to drive it before that, on road anyway, but no way could I get her to drive it now. She knows it is my baby and even though I beat on it really hard, she is afraid that she'll be the one to break or wreck it. :rolleyes:

As if you'd be mad... Another excuse to make more upgrades, right?

Inc

Free
Reaction score
As if you'd be mad... Another excuse to make more upgrades, right?

I'd be upset at first if it got totaled, but then I'd have a good enough excuse to build one of these.

You must be registered for see images attach

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Trailers are cake to build.
I've made 5 of 'em already.
That was our main project in welding class.
Build a trailer, sell it, buy new equipment for the shop, repeat.

My coach gave me like $50 for each trailer since I did ALL of the welding on it. ha
No one else was good with mig.

Wish you were closer, I'd pay you $50 to do mine, since I don't feel like taking the time to weld it myself. You could use the money too, right? :D

Inc

Free
Reaction score
I did more work today. I cut and welded in the rest of the floor frame. I welded on the tongue. I welded on the tongue jack. I welded on mounts for the trailer lights. I drilled and mounted the lights, but have not wired them yet. I went with the HF light kit for $25, just to keep with the cheap theme. The trailer looks great so far though. Post pics later.

Inc

Free
Reaction score
Here is how the trailer looks so far.

I welded in some tabs for strapping stuff down too. They were extra coilover tabs I had from my SAS build.

You can see my footprints where I got in and walked and jumped aound after welding in and then mounting the floor. Works great so far.

This light has a mount for a plate and has a light built in for it as well. Kind of a nice touch.

It isn't close to ride height obviously. I just needed to see where and how the tire sat inside the fender wells.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is looking good.

You are going to need to lift it a lot.....and /or get a drawbar with a really big drop to hook it up so it is level on your lifted KJ......that sounds like double talk, but you know what I mean.

Dave

Inc

Free
Reaction score
It is looking good.

You are going to need to lift it a lot.....and /or get a drawbar with a really big drop to hook it up so it is level on your lifted KJ......that sounds like double talk, but you know what I mean.

Dave

Yeah, it is going to be lifted like 6" from the last pic. I'll still need a drop hitch on my jeep though.