IFS making noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric af blkltd

Reaction score
I've had the Rusty's coil lift on for a while now with spacers and 265 75s and its making an awful creaking sound...haven't been able to figure out what part its coming from but its making the noise in the front end. Anybody have any ideas or experience with this?

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it sound like a rubbing or ratching noise when you're turning? That's most likely a rubbing bushing.
A squeak, the poly-bushing is just cold. Does it go away after driving awhile?

eric af blkltd

Reaction score
It only makes noise on the drivers side...makes a bad creaking sound when i try to turn my wheels while stopped, creaks when i brake and turn...i'm gonna retorque everything this weekend...hopefully that will make it stop. I sprayed all the bushings with wd-40 (know its not the best choice) but its not a squeaking noise like the bushings...its creaking, like walking up an old wooden stairway type noise.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly a ball joint if it still makes noise when turning and stopped. Jack up the front and shake the wheel. See if one move a little more than the other.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front sway bar. It's a pain in the butt to grease because you can't get in there, (DC should have put on a grease fitting) but it's the sound of the rubber bushing "shuddering" as it moves. At least that's what I found.
Don't retorque anything. And don't use WD-40. At the least, use silicone...