Idle Air Control -No Screws?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
noticed my typo.
I meant to ask whether you had another newer thread on this.

It's a good thread so no need for an updated one. Maybe someone who has a KK can make one except I think there aren't any IACs for the KK?

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Cant remember, But I don't think we have an IAC post in the how to section.
I guess one of us should make one eh?
If I knew what I was doing I would try it. :icon_lol:

Here's kind of an important question: While I'm fiddling around in there, is there anything I should NOT touch/spray/even think about looking at? Last time I tried something like this it was on a '66 Buick Skylark. You took the air filter housing off, sprayed it down like a big dog, then prayed it started. (It always did.) :shrug:

Would like to see some pics of what your ports & Iac looks like, after so many years of not cleaning! :icon_lol:
I'll admit to being very curious myself. If you never hear from me again it probably means I opened it up, saw a real mess, then keeled over with a stroke. :blah:

The previous owner took good care of most things, but I doubt they got this far into it.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the sprays are sensor safe so you should be fine.

I have the same spray that I've used to clean the throttle body. I didn't unscrew mine out so I did the best I can.
I haven't tried cleaning the IAC as mine is a little involved to remove it unlike the models without the resonator box.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
There are two different sprays in the kit and I am afraid I'll use the wrong one on the wrong thing.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I phrased that poorly. The fact that there are two different sprays leads me to believe that care must be taken to not accidentally get any on the wrong thing. When I search for images of throttle body and IAC I get pictures of the same thing.

You must be registered for see images attach

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I can use the other can of stuff to kill bugs. :happy175:

It was cheap, anyway. I got the pair for $8.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C'mon...what's a few hundred dead brain cells?? That kind of thing was ROUTINE in the 60's and 70
's !!! :happy175:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
No IAC on a 2007? Drive by wire? Hmm I only thought the KK had that newer system.
Learn something new everyday here.
Prof is the interior barrel plastic? where the butterfly is located...
If it is PVC /Plastic I would want to know that the cleaner is safe to use & not going to melt it, or cause any damage!!

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't get to it today as I started pressure washing various stuff around the yard and got on a roll. Plus, I drove past the place where I have a job interview tomorrow morning to scope it out.

Job = Lift = Happy Me :icon_lol:

If it is plastic, is the stuff I bought safe? I took a quick glance at it today and it does look plastic. I was also surprised to see a "Made in Germany" sticker on it. I guess what with Fiat owning Chrysler now, we have sold out to the axis powers. Of course, I could have bought Japanese... How long before Afghanistan and Iraq start manufacturing cars?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to try something. The stuff I bought was pretty much an impulse buy. I was picking up a prescription and while waiting I wandered around the store and happened to spot it. I'm sure there's something comparable which is safe for plastic.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Just went and looked at the detail sheet for the Mass Airflow Sensor Cleaner and it IS plastic safe. I'm going to spray some of that on there and see what happens.

(And cry like a little kid if it messes something up...) :hidesbehindsofa:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha you should be fine. Honestly, when i had mine cleaned, i didnt even noticed a difference with performance. I am still evaluating how the mopar ccc would affect my mpg.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Easy test for the IAC................

At idle(warmed up) crank the steering wheel either direction,if the RPM's raise it's working like it's supposed to.

cool. ill keep this in mind for future use. ty sir!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Cleaned it up. There was not a lot of crud, mostly a light film which wiped off easily before I even got the cleaner out. The small areas where there was crud looked almost like dried brown paint and was a bear to get off. Then I got a P0113 code for my efforts. Cleared it with my OBD-II and am crossing my fingers that it doesn't return.

vaksanov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned throttle body and IAC yesterday, sprayed the crap out of it and wiped it clean. It wasn't that carbed up to begin with but even after cleaning i let the engine warm up and did the steering wheel trick, RPMs still drop instead of going up? So i guess it didn't do anything.
P.S. also tried taking off to check pcv valve with the hose attached and snapped the thing off so had to go get a new one as well. Shows to read instructions carefully lol.