I may need a bigger car.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice trailer Dave! Did it come finished with the nice wood trim or did you do that?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same. mine even folds up and stands up on casters. I even ordered my shed with a 6' wide double door instead of the standard 5' as I could then stuff it in there as well.

You must be registered for see images

and this was long before I had the jeep. 1100# capacity trailer behind a 2000# capable car worked out SO well. i swear I've hauled more with the car+trailer than the majority of people with pickups have ever hauled in their beds.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm posting it, just because I love the insanity of this picture....

yea, that's right, 90 bags of mulch on the trailer, towed by my car. packing slip I found in the wrapping said it weighed in at 2225#. just a little over weight, but it did it with no issues. did like to rock back and forth though. :D

let's see a pickup do that!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That quite the load! Dont ya think a strap overtop front to rear was in order? Surprised it did not topple, must have been some strong shrink wrap!
Nice trailer like the folding idea a lot! What is base dimension of that trailer?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it had 2 straps over it to help keep in place. they're just off because I was in the process of dumping it. getting it off was alot of fun. see the blue strap wrapped around it about 3/4 of the way up? well the other end of it was attached to a tree behind the house off the left side of the picture. removal of the mulch stack was simple... I got in the car and FLOORED it, toppling the whole stack off the trailer without so much as a scratch. :D

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh and the trailer base is 4'x8'. you get a standard sheet of 5/8" thick plywood and have them cut it in half, then screw it down to the steel rails. folds up perfectly. they intended it that way as it turns out.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice trailer Dave! Did it come finished with the nice wood trim or did you do that?

It came with the wood sides. They slide off and on. It is a "Venture" trailer that I bought new rated at 2,400lbs gross (trailer weighs 400lbs and 2,00lb load capacity. I have overloaded it a few times (firewood, roof shingles, stone, etc but I try not to).

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm posting it, just because I love the insanity of this picture....

yea, that's right, 90 bags of mulch on the trailer, towed by my car. packing slip I found in the wrapping said it weighed in at 2225#. just a little over weight, but it did it with no issues. did like to rock back and forth though. :D

let's see a pickup do that!

Nice trailer.....hairy load.....haha

Dave

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea. mind you it wasn't my intention to go nuts like that. when we got to Home Depot and told them we wanted the stack I asked them...
a) how many bags in the stack
b) how much the stack weighed

they told me the stack was 1200#. I knew I had an 1100# trailer and figured 100# wasn't going to matter. However when they dropped the pallet on the trailer deck I knew somethig was wrong because the fenders hit the tires! at that point the guy had already pulled the fork lift out and was gone, and overall the people at my local HD aren't exactly the friendliest or the smartest. I gingerly drove that sucker home going no faster than 35mph and just drove really careful.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
harbor freight. :D
don't buy it at the current list price ($289.99). use at least one of the 20% off coupons to get the price closer to where it should be.

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
harbor freight. :D
don't buy it at the current list price ($289.99). use at least one of the 20% off coupons to get the price closer to where it should be.

that is so much cheaper than i thought it would be. its gross total weight is 2000#?

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depending on the axle they put in it and if it's a folding trailer or not they sell all kinds of sizes from roughly 4x4's to 4x8's in capacities of about 500# to almost 2000#. I'd suggest perusing the site and checking out the choices. if you have a HF store near you they usually have them in stock as well and have a couple floor models assembled. keep in mind most of their trailers are "kit" trailers.. meaning there's some assembly required. something tells me most if not all of the people on this board can handle it. :D

mine is 1100# load rated for reference.

Last edited:

TomO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I wind up with when SWMBO wants to do some gardening. It is the reason we bought the truck. 2.5 tons of chicken poop.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Hmm... Embedded images from Picasa not working. I must be doing it wrong. They're wrapped in IMG tags above this line

Edit: Trying to fix the embedded images.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/k_jLjzLrQRR02_ntmeWGsA?feat=directlink
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wk9i_bpDSsqN0N56xiaqfw?feat=directlink

Last edited:

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude... you could just put the camp house on the back of that thing! :rofl: