I know, it's a common misfire thing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO I decided to go through the whole truck at my shop instead of just chasing a ghost and after test after test and diagnosis.... It's Solved and runs great. Always will have a slight idle miss but nothing like before, no codes, vibes, valve problems, jumping idle etc.. Borrowed a FCA reps '10 KK with 40K and mine idles better than his. Picked up another KJ with 200K body and 20K reman 3.7 and that has the same idle as the KK.

What was the fix? Our 2002 with 160,000 had a very slight waver in the idle for the past year and 7,000 miles (we bought it last February) but no obvious miss or CEL. Interestingly I noticed that after having to replace the head gaskets that it now has a rock solid and very smooth idle. It was always around 650rpm.

Scott

K9JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes what was the solution? I too think I have a slight idle miss but no codes and drives fine. I'm only at 38k so I think that's the way it idles

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

forcefed44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes what was the solution? I too think I have a slight idle miss but no codes and drives fine. I'm only at 38k so I think that's the way it idles

Mine was a combination.. #2 and #4 FI dripped and did not close, #5 cylinder random misfire. and 1391 Cam sensor.

Replaced cam, crank, IAC sensors, All coils with Mopar, Champion plugs, and new injectors, (not refurb). Reset ECM at the dealer (friend works there). drove and everything fine. Rescanned and so far 200 miles and no problems.

K9JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok good stuff, glad to hear it's working. I was only chasing down a random and number 4 misfire but it seems to have gone away after replacing the injector, if that was even the issue at all.