I got my Skid plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gopherbeats

Reaction score
I ordered my skid plates!
I got em from jparts.com

$125.00 for x-fer, t-case, and engine plates. and of course free shipping for any order over $75

i'll let you know how they are when i get em

for any one who can't find info to their questions here, I got a lot of good info about skid plates over at the lost forum

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn, forgot to buy my Transmission case! But JPARTS lists it as a 2005-2006 part. Have you installed it yet?

I just received and installed the X-fer case and Engine Skid last week!

Gopherbeats

Reaction score
blckkj said:
damn, forgot to buy my Transmission case! But JPARTS lists it as a 2005-2006 part. Have you installed it yet?

I just received and installed the X-fer case and Engine Skid last week!

Yea.. I ordered the plate anyway even though it was for 05-06 and I have an 04. I figure, how much could they have the changed design?... and if it did change drasticly i'll just mod it to meet my purpose.

check out the following link from the L.O.S.T. Forum:

http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7475

Dosen't seem to bad.

Gopherbeats

Reaction score
I also forgot to mention that the more I read about 'nutzerts' to attach my skid plates to my libby, the more I think I am not going to use them.
I have to see when I get em, but I would like to use some grade 8 hardware instead.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason the nutzerts are used is because in some areas you cannot get a nut on the back side of the bolt. Maybe in some areas you will be able to drill around it and get a bolt and nut in place, but those nut zerts are strong if put in properly. I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest about them, never had any issues.

At one point I worked for Dana and they did testing on the wrangler frame to benchmark verses some of there own designs, and we used to use those nutzerts to mount onto for durability testing, so I have seen them take some abuse.

sqliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the trans skid on my 02, just a few mods needed, not too bad

You must be registered for see images

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No spacers are needed on the 04 libby. I put one on mine and all you need to do is drill 2 holes on the ****** cross-memeber.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
No spacers are needed on the 04 libby. I put one on mine and all you need to do is drill 2 holes on the ****** cross-memeber.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I will be ordering mine after Easter!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
sqliberty..........................those skids look good. That's my next mod. Can you still get at the oil filter through the access hole ok with the engine skid on?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
sqliberty..........................those skids look good. That's my next mod. Can you still get at the oil filter through the access hole ok with the engine skid on?

Haha, I think its harder to change the oil with the skid. I usually hit my radius bone in my arm with a hammer to give me an extra joint. 8-[