I figured out how to make the HomeLink system work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

draperjojo

Reaction score
I have purchased 3 Jeep Liberty's in the last two months, and 2 of them have the EVIC overhead console. I tried the "clear the codes and then press both buttons (the chosen HomeLink button AND the original garage remote button) at the same time, and if that doesn't work (because you have a newer garage door opener with the rolling codes) then press the "Learn button on the garage door opener and then press the chosen HomeLink button for 2 seconds, then let up and press for 2 seconds again.....well neither worked on my Liberty's. Here is what worked....doing both...

1) Press the 1&3 buttons on the HomeLink until they show all cleared. It takes about 20 seconds.

2)Press the chosen HomeLink button AND the garage door opener button at the same time until they show trained/linked/whatever.

3)Run into the garage and press the "Train/Learn Button on your Garage Door Opener and then immediately press the chosen HomeLink button in the Liberty.

Both of the Liberty's HomeLink systems opened the garage door after that....

Last edited:

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep! Gotta make sure you clear any old codes first, that's where my hangup was. Sure is a nice feature I wouldn't have paid extra for. :icon_lol:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm.....
I can't link my garage remote to home link.

Mom in law has a lift master.

Any help?

Last edited:

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to try mine a few times, it's pretty picky about where the transmitter is located when you hold the button down.