HOW TO: How to install Mopar Foglights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GKreamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, figured it out. I did not realize that I could shove the whole connector thru the top opening, giving me the needed leverage and view to see what to press to disconnect.

GKreamer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Foglights are in and working! My wife likes them even more since it only took me a year to install them...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is an ancient thread, but I just got my OEM Fog Lights yesterday and hope to install them this weekend.

Anyone got any pointers to add so I'm not running into the house in a panic to post a question when I have parts all over the driveway and can't figure something out? :D

Reaction score
2002 Mopar fog light install on Jeep Liberty

After crashing my 2002 Liberty, that never had fog lights, I got the front bumper from another 2002 that had factory fog lights. The wiring to the fog lights from the donor car is all part of the same harness as the headlights and front turn signals, so it plugs right into the body wiring harness with just the single multi-pin connector beside the driver side headlight (just like my original).

I also got the multi-function lights, signal, wiper, fog light switch from the donor car to replace my original, as it was also a direct plug in replacement.

I'm guessing the base body wiring on a 2002 still needs a relay / fuse added somewhere between the switch and the fogs to make the them operate, but my Haynes electrical wiring diagram of the 2002 fog light circuit, doesn't give that much detail. It does seem to indicate that a connection between the body control module and the instrument panel "fog light on" indicator light exists for all models, but it also seems to indicate some body wiring (specific to the fogs) is missing in the base models. Has anyone else added foglights using the front wiring from a factory equipped foglight car? If so, is there really an indicator light somewhere on the instrument panel that comes on with the fogs?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the fog light installation manual? I did mine, but it is a 2007 and I have no idea how similar that might be to yours.

stubeef8462

Reaction score
I see where the positive connection is connected to the battery. Where are they connecting the other connection? Looks like its off the fuse box??

NoVA_KJ

Reaction score
Bump. My '06 didnt come with fog lights and I'm finally pulling the trigger on this. I've scoured the internet and nobody is selling this kit for my model year anymore. Im thinking of just buying the parts a la carte, but want to make sure I'm getting everything I need. Here's what I'm thinking:

- Fog lights (duh)
- Wiring
- Fog light control stalk

Am I missing anything (fuses, etc.)?

Thanks!

Medic520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to just wire mine up to a toggle switch. They will be on when I want them in that was.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Medic520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to wire mine up to a toggle switch. They will be on when I want them to be.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for bringing up an old thread... BUT:

I got the fog lights from a 2005 at a salvage yard. I took the lights and the wiring harness. It looks like its just plug in and presto - but I see mention of the headlight stalk in the IKEA directions for the install kit. I did not take the headlight stalk because it looked identical to the one already in my 2005. Is there some connection that I am just overlooking? I'd like to install these but I just need to know if I should go back and get that headlight stalk or if I'm good.

Thanks Y'all!

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for bringing up an old thread... BUT:

I got the fog lights from a 2005 at a salvage yard. I took the lights and the wiring harness. It looks like its just plug in and presto - but I see mention of the headlight stalk in the IKEA directions for the install kit. I did not take the headlight stalk because it looked identical to the one already in my 2005. Is there some connection that I am just overlooking? I'd like to install these but I just need to know if I should go back and get that headlight stalk or if I'm good.

Thanks Y'all!

The turn signal stalk (with the headlight switch) has the foglight switch built into it, you pull it out to energize them. It's not a great pic, but you can see the arrow with the foglight icon.

You must be registered for see images attach

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The turn signal stalk (with the headlight switch) has the foglight switch built into it, you pull it out to energize them. It's not a great pic, but you can see the arrow with the foglight icon.

I can definitely see it - but I can also say that it definitely wasn't on the Jeep I pulled the lights from. I also did check that they didn't have an aftermarket switch - and if they did, they hid it really well because I could not find it.

I notice you have an 04, is there a difference between the 02-04 and the 05-07? There are so many stupid little changes that I have run across so far that I am just wondering if this is one of them?

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could swear that the salvage yard headlight stalk was missing that - but now I'm not so sure... Guess I gotta go back and hope that it hasn't disappeared yet!

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can definitely see it - but I can also say that it definitely wasn't on the Jeep I pulled the lights from. I also did check that they didn't have an aftermarket switch - and if they did, they hid it really well because I could not find it.

I notice you have an 04, is there a difference between the 02-04 and the 05-07? There are so many stupid little changes that I have run across so far that I am just wondering if this is one of them?

HAD lol, but the multifunction switch is the same from 02-07 (can't vouch for after that). Only light switch that was separate was the overhead offroad lights on the Renegades.

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the salvage yard yesterday... and the jeep I pulled the fog lights from had been crushed so there is no way to know for sure about that jeep. However, I did find a 2002 that had the turn-signal stock with the fog lights and sure enough it is different. I pulled that one and I'll install today. Thanks for you help everyone... with the PDF on the first post and everyone elses commentary on how they did theirs, putting the lights in took about 30 minutes, and the stalk should take about another 5. Super easy upgrade!

djtimyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ooops - forgot to pull the relay when I got all the other stuff... The dash light lights up, but no fogs. That's an easy fix. There is already a fuse in slot 19 so I'm good there.

I checked the plug that the wiring harness goes into and it looked like it had all the wires in it that matched up with my harness from the donor vehicle - I'm just paranoid that I'm missing something else here...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're using the Instructions For Illiterates they give, be careful where you put the relay. I got faked out when I did mine.