How much tire pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chaoscollins

Reaction score
Hey guys I looked in the questions forum but didn't see it anywhere. I have a 2006 jeep liberty limited with the chrome wheels on it. My low pressure light came on so I need to put some air in my tires. The max says 44psi I believe on the tire but what is the right amount to put in them. I know if you but max in them then you are more then likely going to burn your tires faster. I was thinking around 35psi. Is this what the factory sets them at? And also will this be enough to get my low pressure light to go off. I am pretty sure it is my one tire that is doing this but I will check all of them to make sure they are all set the same. Thanks guys!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
38 seems to be fine on my 17"
I don't let it go over 40 in summer or go below 32 in winter..
depends on how you like your ride

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay as a base of reference, when everyone calls out their personal numbers, please state if that is your "cold" number or what you believe to be the "road temp" number.

Chaoscollins

Reaction score
ya I looked in the door and I believe it did say 33 but at the psi my low pressure light was on, that is why I was asking. I was thinking probably 35psi was good for everyday driving.

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run mine 38-40 PSI Cold for berrer fuel economy. I have always ran higher pressures in every vehicle I have owned.

You can overdo it though and it does make the ride more harsh. High pressures will not make tires wear out more quickly, pressure that is TOO high for a particular application WILL though.
33lbs seems like a joke to me, I ran that in a suzuki samurai, and the KJ is a lot heavier than that thing was.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
why 33 on the door.. it is easier to type 3 3

:D

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Roadtemp for my stocks is 33, and the chart says so too

Latest posts

Members online