How far can I go with this amount of gasoline?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danihound

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm outside the USA and there's a strict quarantine here , so I only have 1/8 of gasoline and I need to do a small 13 miles trip to buy some food, can I make it? I calculated that I could but I would like to know a more expert opinion.

You must be registered for see images attach

That's the quantity I have left said by the gasoline gauge.

daves06lrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really depends on your speed, the roads (hills and such), and how accurate your gas gauge is...
Lots of variables...
The "normal" size of a Liberty gas tank in the USA is 20.5gal

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+the+size+of+the+gas+tank+in+a+2006+jeep+liberty

20.5 / 8 = aprox 2.56gal... My Liberty gets aprox 15 mpg so I could go about 30miles on level roads with very little fuel left... Think about getting fuel from your home location with what is left? Could you?
Dave

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
One question you need to ask is, if you use all your gas today, what happens if you have an emergency later? I guess it comes down to how much you need the food and what your other options may be. I'd hate to burn my last (scarce) gas getting groceries and then need a trip to a hospital later and be out of luck.

Sorry for your tough times there. :(

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Even at 26 miles return you should be fine, as there is still a bit of a reserve even after the low fuel light warning appears & chimes.
About 10L or 2.7 US Gallons will still be left.

Keep in mind what cools the fuel pump is the fuel itself.
The bad News is: Running on fumes or extremely low could result in damage to the fuel pump.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I've only run out of gas once & trust me it ***** LOL! :(

Latest posts

Members online