How do you turn off the 4*4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delacerdaa

Reaction score
I can`t turn off the 4*4 on my 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition. I press the lever all the way down and the part time sensor light turns on. HELP ME PLEASE!

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Are you rolling when you move the lever? It takes a second or two of "no throttle" to switch out but you need to be moving.

Either that or your T-case position sensor is dead.

jeepHead

Reaction score
yes, I have know someone who had no clue...I was taking my friend's Grand Cherokee to do a stereo swap in my driveway and I noticed it was in 4X4, I asked him about it and he said he had no clue it was on or how to take it off, he had owned the Jeep for over a year and had been always on 4x4, I put it on 2wd and showed him how to go 4x4 and back to 2wd...he has since switched to driving a mazda car which is where he belongs

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I have know someone who had no clue...I was taking my friend's Grand Cherokee to do a stereo swap in my driveway and I noticed it was in 4X4, I asked him about it and he said he had no clue it was on or how to take it off, he had owned the Jeep for over a year and had been always on 4x4, I put it on 2wd and showed him how to go 4x4 and back to 2wd...he has since switched to driving a mazda car which is where he belongs

Not everyone is cut out for the Jeep life LOL.