How about 235/75-16's - On an '06 Renegade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boonsur

Reaction score
Having a hard time finding anything in the searches for this specific size.

As I mentioned, I have a Renegade (doesn't that give a little more clearance?), and want a little more meat. Both for looks, and to correct the speedometer which reads slightly fast (vs GPS).

This size is just slightly taller than the 245/70's that people say fit (but, of course, not as wide). Is the biggest rubbing due to the diameter, or width?

Will these fit, without any mods?

TIA.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

As I mentioned, I have a Renegade (doesn't that give a little more clearance?), and want a little more meat. Both for looks, and to correct the speedometer which reads slightly fast (vs GPS).

This size is just slightly taller than the 245/70's that people say fit (but, of course, not as wide). Is the biggest rubbing due to the diameter, or width?

TIA.
I didn't rub with my 245/70s at all. Some people have reported rubbing. It's due to the width, not the height, from my understanding.

Renegade has no more clearance than any ol regular KJ.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

TIA.

both diameter and width, stay with 245-70s on stock and you'll be alright otherwise if you go different size don't come back and complain to us;)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
True, Tom.

With that said, I'd certainly go with 245/70s. I wouldn't want to go any taller than that with a KJ. Heck, they already look stuffed as is, unlifted.

But oh boy do they look so cool. :D :D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
225/75/16 was a stock size...so it probably would fit. Check out some tire calculators though...

boonsur

Reaction score
Thanks, so far. Sounds a little encouraging.

BTW, mine came with 225/75's as stock.

Strictly, by the math, the 235's would add ~.30" (per side) to diameter, and ~.19 (per side) to the width. It appears there's room, but testimonials are what I'm looking for. Keep 'em coming, if you have experience with this size (good or bad).

kckj

Reaction score
I have 235/75/16 on my kj. Came with 215/75, bought some rims with 225/75, and then got a good deal on the tires i have now. They fit well. A very small amount of rubbing at full lock. Rubs next to the fog light door (front of wheel well) Such a small amount though almost not worth mentioning. 2004 with 60,000 miles. stock shocks.
I could tell the width difference from 225 to 235. Seems more stable now. I'm happy with them. Hope this helps.

guitarzan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand/model tires do you have? The type of tire (way it's made) still seems to be a big factor between "will fit with slight rubbing" and "won't fit without some modification". All are close, but not equal.

I have 235/75/16 on my kj. Came with 215/75, bought some rims with 225/75, and then got a good deal on the tires i have now. They fit well. A very small amount of rubbing at full lock. Rubs next to the fog light door (front of wheel well) Such a small amount though almost not worth mentioning. 2004 with 60,000 miles. stock shocks.
I could tell the width difference from 225 to 235. Seems more stable now. I'm happy with them. Hope this helps.

kckj

Reaction score
they are lemans pathmakers. An AT tire. Seem to be very simular to the firestone destination AT.

boonsur

Reaction score
Update

Just got new tires installed this morning.

235/75-16's fit fine! (Nokian Vatiiva AT)

I didn't hear/feel any rubbing, even at full-lock (BTW, wow this thing turns tight circles - I'd never been full-over before).

ekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it worked out. Any photos you care to share?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Just got new tires installed this morning.

235/75-16's fit fine! (Nokian Vatiiva AT)

I didn't hear/feel any rubbing, even at full-lock (BTW, wow this thing turns tight circles - I'd never been full-over before).

If you think a Liberty turns tight circles, you should try out a Wrangler. ;)