horn just started honking, wtf!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnm45227

Reaction score
well our '05 crd started a 3 burst honking pattern at 0630 this morning. it would start short, the each burst would get louder. it wasn't the alarm and the only way it would stop was to turn the headlights on, or remove the battery cable.

we did notice that it was wet, inside by the drivers side (i think the bcm is housed in this area).

pretty sure the gaskets didn't leak, we think leaves piled up and made a pool that let water flow in through the windshield vents.

i haven't had a chance to fool with it yet. so has anyone else had this happen? also, if the bcm did get wet how likely is it to dry out and not cause issues?

thanks.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that before. On a semi related note, my '76 Oldsmobile Delta 88 had a horn on it that if you pushed it too long it would sort of fizzle out, like it ran out of juice or something. It sounded like a sick duck. Many laughs were had at its expense. Sorry for the thread jack.